Mouse Cursor Looks Like A Fly Landed On My Eyeball

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Mouse Cursor Looks Like A Fly Landed On My Eyeball

Postby Hat Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:12 am

So it's really nice to have VR in my classic flight sims now. Really had issues with the FSX version of this mod, but X-Plane 11 seems pretty stable.

Unfortunately, I'm really having issues with the mouse cursor and pointer dot interaction methods.

For the pointer, it doesn't seem to see things that are under the yoke. For example, on the beechcraft, I can start the left engine, but not the right one because, no matter where I put my head, it can't seem to see it.

As for the mouse, my most preferred method, it'll work fine for a few seconds when I first start up, it's the right size and everything, but then the mouse cursor bugs out, moves to literally half an inch from my eye, taking up probably around 30-50% of my view, and doesn't seem to match up with what I'm trying to interact with. It's so big, and instantly moves so far out of view when I move the mouse, that it's basically impossible to use. It's also really annoying to have in your view, it feels like you're looking at a fly that just landed on your goggles... I want to swat it...

Does anybody know what's up? What this bug is, and how to fix it? I'd really like to interact more with my cockpit. It's one of the reasons why I gave up on the FSX version (as well as that version crashing after 5 minutes and struggling on minimum graphics). Flyinside, with XP 11 is amazing view wise, but leaves much to be desired control wise. I know that's hard to do with VR, and that it's still under development. Best of luck Devs.
Hat Man

Re: Mouse Cursor Looks Like A Fly Landed On My Eyeball

Postby Greyman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:06 am

Most XP aircraft, at least the ones I have used, allow you to hide the yokes, so it might be worth checking that out as a possible solution to your first problem.

As for the mouse pointer, do you get this with every aircraft? The reason I ask is that the SSG 747, for example, does treat the mouse pointer in a rather odd way, unless you set the "display clickable zones" in the XP options. Maybe try one of the XP default aircraft and see if the mouse behaves properly with that.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Hat Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 am

Greyman wrote:Most XP aircraft, at least the ones I have used, allow you to hide the yokes, so it might be worth checking that out as a possible solution to your first problem.

As for the mouse pointer, do you get this with every aircraft? The reason I ask is that the SSG 747, for example, does treat the mouse pointer in a rather odd way, unless you set the "display clickable zones" in the XP options. Maybe try one of the XP default aircraft and see if the mouse behaves properly with that.

I'll try the former, I just figured out how.

As for the latter, so far, I've noticed that it's only been an issue in the Beechcraft. The F4 is the only other one I've tried using the mouse in, and it worked fine for the short flight. I guess it is aircraft dependant. Which is a bummer, because I like flying the beechcraft.
Hat Man

Postby HaroldNixon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 am

I've experienced the "giant mouse cursor in your face" after updating to 11.10 RC1 (I didn't get a chance to test it on the last beta). I'm only running the demos of FlyInside and X-Plane 11 but I have noticed it on every plane I tried. It doesn't always show up and after messing with the binocular zoom, and some clicking, it will sometime go away and resume normally for a short time. It is as though the mouse is mapping to a surface right in front of your face.
HaroldNixon

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019