Changing Views

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Changing Views

Postby andygg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi there, I am relatively new to FlyInside and may have missed something on the Forum but could anyone tell me how to change view point. The reason being I am using the X-Trident Tornado and in cold and dark start up it is necessary to climb into the back seat and activate some of the functions. The action that has been assigned to this will not work with FlyInside. This means I have to physically move position in the virtual aircraft to the Navigator Seat.
Does anybody use this plane and how do I overcome this so I can change seat with a key or joystick button press. When I try to use the assigned key I get a quick flicker and then straight back to the pilot seat.

Many thanks
Andy
andygg

Re: Changing Views

Postby Stevil » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi,

just use the key or buttons from X-Plane for that. At default they are

Arrow keys for left right up down
"." move forward
"," move backward

You can also assign joystick buttons to those keys.

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Re: Changing Views

Postby andygg » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:33 am

Hi there Stephan,
Thanks for the reply. That works for the time being. It might be a good idea if the program had a "jump to" facility for those who like to cover multiple roles in an aircraft. Such as Pilot and First Officer in a 737 or in the case of the Tornado. Has this been raised with the developers before?

Many thanks
Andy
andygg

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019