Question about FSX, graphic settings/scenery quality

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Question about FSX, graphic settings/scenery quality

Postby MCBurner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi.

As the most important point I'd like to send you guys many many thanks. It's such a pleasure to use FSX again after years and enjoy the fun of VR. I've already bought some extra addons from Aerosoft, Orbx and others to make the experience even greater as it already is without. But.... it's doesnt go they way I've expected.

I've seen that there are two different settings files within this folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\ named "fsx_FlyInside.cfg" and "fsx_se_FlyInside.cfg". I think the last one is for the Steam Edition that I use.
For me it seems like FlyInside doesn't really care if I chance the settings in there. Especially for AI Traffic and ground vehicles but also for ground texture quality.

Is there a special trick to chance the graphics quality with FlyInside? I've checked your Wiki and my understanding is that some settings belonging to the scenery quality have to be done in FSX itself. But whatever I change - I really dont see a difference. At the moment I'd like to say it looks like - FlyInside doesn't care. Whatever I change - it's getting ignored.

I understand that changing graphic settings to a higher level will slow the FPS within VR dramatically. But I'd like to give it a try.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
MCBurner

Re: Question about FSX, graphic settings/scenery quality

Postby terrarouge » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:04 pm

I have same poorer scenery views in my FSX and that's with all setting in FSX maxed and the PC can handle it. Did you get any response from anyone??????...Dave C
Intel i7 7700 H110 board GTX1080 Turbo 8Gb GGDR 16 Gb ram DDR4 Win10 FSX Acceleration Pack
terrarouge

Return to General forum