VRS Superbug freezes/CTD when clicking buttons & switches

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: VRS Superbug freezes/CTD when clicking buttons & switche

Postby Talon90 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the reply (and sorry for raising the dead). I found the thread in a Google search and of course, didn’t pay particular attention to the dates. :shock: LOL.

I’ve seen the experimental features mentioned in more than one location. I’m embarrassed to say that I can’t seem to find them in the ACM for the Superbug. Would you be willing to give me some tips on where to go and check for them?

Thanks,
Paul
Talon90

Postby Talon90 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Tony wrote:Hi Paul and a warm welcome. This thread is a tad old and we've moved on a bit since ;) can you check for me that you have disabled experimental features within the superbug and try again for me mate ? :)

Hi Tony and thank you for the welcome. Through reading I’ve gathered that the experimental features are part of the TacPack. I do not have the TacPack installed on my F18 in FSX.

Thanks,
Paul
Talon90

Postby Mazzn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:28 am

Hello there,

I have been notified about this thread vie email and I'm terribly sorry to not have updated it long ago.

I'm happy to say that for me some combination of updates (Windows, FlyInside, Nvidia drivers, Steam...?) seems to have fixed this issue in November, possibly earlier, and I'm able to operate the Superbug normally (when experimental features are off, of course).

This means however I won't be able to help out with a solution for you Paul. I hope you can fix this problem though! :)

Best regards
Matt
Windows 10 x64 Pro | Intel i7 3770k@4GHz | Nvidia GTX1080, driver 375.95 | FSX+Acc boxed version | HTC Vive
Mazzn

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Matt does the superbug not have it's own experimental features ? Like FLIR and so on ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Mazzn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Hey Tony,

I don't think it does, no. I haven't used the Superbug without TacPack since sometime in like 2013, but I'm certain the experimental features were introduced with the release and as part of TacPack.

FLIR for example is listed on the TacPack features page: https://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.php
Windows 10 x64 Pro | Intel i7 3770k@4GHz | Nvidia GTX1080, driver 375.95 | FSX+Acc boxed version | HTC Vive
Mazzn

Postby Talon90 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Well, I’ve attempted to do additional testing and see what I could learn. I learned that my version of the VRS F-18 was quite out of date (purchased in 2011 never updated as I never encountered any issues with it so I apparently left it alone.). I’ve now updated to the latest release of the non TakPack version. That in and of itself didn’t do anything for my issue. I can load the F18 and fly happily as long as I do not attempt to interact with anything is the cockpit with either the Oculus controllers or the FlyInside head look (blue dot) and interact button I programmed to my HOTAS. I can fly this way for hours. Within 1 minute of activating the controllers and attempting to press a button or switch using the hands, the screen freezes and an hourglass appears in the headset for about 1 minute and then it completely crashes FlyInside back to the Oculus home screen.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. If I start FSX with any other airplane and interact with that plane and then pause the sim and go to the FSX Aircraft menu, Select Aircraft and choose the VRS F18, everything functions as normal. I can use the hand controllers all day long from that point on without any issues.

Trying to figure out at this point if I should purchase the TakPack just to turn off these experimental features to see if it makes a difference.
Talon90

Postby Mazzn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:33 am

Hey Paul,

that's very interesting, let's see if Tony knows anything about that ;)

I would not recommend getting TacPack just for trying if it does anything. The experimental features are only part of TacPack, so it's already as if you had them turned off. But you can update to a much newer version of the Superbug with it, so that in itself could be a selling point :)
Mazzn

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am

Interesting and great detective skills guys ;) I'd never recommend purchasing something unless you absolutely want it. But I would be interested to know if the updated one got you working ???

Also can you check to see if that CTD generates a Flyinside error log for me to look at ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Talon90 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Tony,

I found a Log.txt file in AppData\Roaming\Flyinside. Is that what you'd like to see?

I can recreate this crash at will so let me know what testing you would like to see if not.

Paul
Talon90

Previous

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here