FlyInside Fatal Error Encountered (W:0)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: FlyInside Fatal Error Encountered (W:0)

Postby Haw-Boo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm

FYI: Installed the latest 1.9 release, but still no solution for this issue.

So now not only does switching aircraft still not work, but also go to the airport fails in the same way - but the result is slightly different. FSX-SE simply now reports its stopped working and crashes.

Also. During my quick test, there seems to be a lag somewhere as the flight is no longer smooth? I am not sure where the hit is (FPS or somewhere else), but it's noticeable and I have not ("honestly") changed anything other than installing flyinside 1.9.

:(
Attachments
settings_pro_FlyInside FSX_settings.ini
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
log.txt
(218.04 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
CPU i7-6700k (4.6) | GPU GTX980Ti (SC+) | MOBO Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM 16GB
AUDIO SB ZXR | SDD 512gb Samsung EVO | HDD 2tb Samsung SSHD Hybrid Drive | OS Win10 64-bit
SIM FSX-SE | VRH Oculus Rift CV1 | FlyInside-FSX Pro
Haw-Boo

Postby Tony » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Do you still have leap software installed mate ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Haw-Boo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:28 am

Hi.

Good question. Actually, no I don't have leap installed, it did not operate smoothly enough to my liking. I have not been using it for some time.

For a while now I use Oculus and a Warthog Hotas setup.

David
AUDIO SB ZXR | SDD 512gb Samsung EVO | HDD 2tb Samsung SSHD Hybrid Drive | OS Win10 64-bit
Haw-Boo

Postby Haw-Boo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Having posted my findings regarding this issue and the latest release, I understand now it is poorly worded.

I realise the latest release was not particularly addressing this type of bug/problem, so my update was to purely show I had tried it and it was still occurring but in a slightly different form.

Apologise if this did not come across well.

David.
Haw-Boo

Postby Haw-Boo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi again.

One thing I would really like to try is doing a full clean uninstall and reinstall. The standard method does not appear to fully work, even when I manually remove files and folders after etc.

At the moment it appears I cannot fully remove/uninstall these latest releases, so would like to ask what is the key to getting Flyinside "fully" removed, with all files, directories, and registry entries gone, please. What is the official word on this?

Regards.

David.
Haw-Boo

Postby Tony » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi David, ok uninstall Flyinside by the usual methods, then go to appdata/roaming file tree, find the Flyinside folder and delete. Hope this helps mate ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Haw-Boo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Tony wrote:Hi David, ok uninstall Flyinside by the usual methods, then go to appdata/roaming file tree, find the Flyinside folder and delete. Hope this helps mate ?

Hi Tony.

I am afraid I already tried that and other things raised on the message board. So am not sure what is going on.

See attached screenshot which shows the following error occurring when I try to uninstall and install back to any previous version: "Setup. Runtime Error (at 5:580): "." is not a valid integer value."

installerror2.JPG
installerror2.JPG (36.74 KiB) Viewed 10174 times

From the message, I presumed the previous version could not work with something left over from the recent install?

I wanted to try this main issue in the previous version, just to see if versions made a difference.

Regards.

David.
Haw-Boo

Postby Haw-Boo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Have been trying to continue on with these issues, but having to reload everything takes a huge amount of time and find I am now using my sim less and less.

I would really appreciate some help and advice please, as at the moment the product is not acting in a fit for purpose manor.

:oops:
Haw-Boo

Postby Stevil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Did you try to uninstall it via "Windows safe mode" ? Or like using some cleaner tool after uninstalling it to wipe every bit of the FlyInside software?
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Haw-Boo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Stevil wrote:Did you try to uninstall it via "Windows safe mode" ? Or like using some cleaner tool after uninstalling it to wipe every bit of the FlyInside software?

Thanks, Stevil, great questions. :-)

But, yes I have. This is actually what led me to ask for more details about how to cleanly uninstall flyinside, as something is clearly left behind. I have even tried looking through the registry but failed to find anything that helped there - although plenty was left behind.

I am gutted as flyinside has always worked perfectly, and now "really" getting in the way with these issues. And, cannot fly outside VR, it's simply not the same experience for me anymore - I am totally sold on VR for use in simulation.
Haw-Boo

PreviousNext

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here