A rough estimate for a P3Dv4 version

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: A rough estimate for a P3Dv4 version

Postby MartinW » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:02 am

It's "Real Time ISH" !!

Every 15 minutes is the lowest the refresh setting will go down to. At least in the UI, I don't know if you can get it lower in a settings file, or if you'd even want to.

SkyMax Pro is meant to give better clouds and better performance than the built in rendering engine but sadly it doesn't work properly with Fly Inside. The clouds rotate as you move your head about and there doesn't appear to be a solution to it. I have it installed together with "Real Weather Connector" mostly because I already had them before VR came along.
System: i7 6700k, 4.2ghz | 32gb DDR4 | GTX1080 | Asus GeneVIII | 500GB M2.SSD | 2TB Hybrid | W1064
VR: Oculus Rift CV1. Leap Motion.
SIM: P3D, FSX, XP11, Saitek Yoke, Throttle & Trim wheel, CH Pro Pedals
MartinW

Postby LCYCowboy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 am

I recently tried swapping across to XP11 (especially as I love helicopters - which FS9/FSX/P3D never did well), but I just can't get on with it.

I installed some Ortho4XP scenery, and bought a couple of payware planes, but it just doesn't live up to the hype.

For me, realistic WX is one of the biggest features for a GA/Airliner sim, and Active sky really has it nailed. Also, in VR, I felt that my P3d/FI setup was smoother and had nicer graphics than XP11. The one thing XP does seem to do better is the flight modelling.

Still, I am waiting for Dan to bring out his P3D v4 Fly Inside, and in the meantime, I fly almost exclusively with DCS World. For a smooth VR flying experience, with the most detailed/realistic aircraft and great graphics in VR, this cannot be beaten at present!

I encourage you all to have a go in the Mig-21, the Huey or fly some warbirds like the fantastic BF-109. Out of this world. Minimal (if any tweaking required) and fantastic VR support!
FlyInside 1.9505

P3D v4.3

Oculus CV1

Windows 10 Pro

i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz - GTX 1080 - 16 GB Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz RAM
LCYCowboy

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:09 pm

The flight dynamics in XP11 are far superior in choppers to the others IMO but you are right about X-plane, it's like marmite :) And +1 to DCS..........love it to bits :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Nedo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 am

LCYCowboy wrote:I encourage you all to have a go in the Mig-21, the Huey or fly some warbirds like the fantastic BF-109.

The only thing why i dont spent much time in DCS is the Map, i like to fly real world locations, Southgermany, Switzerland and especialy
some parts in Canada and north Amerika, for my taste, P3D4 with ORBX in VR gives me best expirience, but yes i miss a real good Heli in p3D4!
HTC Vive (sold Rift CV1) i7-4790K @4.4Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @2400 Mhz | GTX 1080 Phoenix "GLH" 8GB | Win10 x64 | SSD HD's only | Prepar3D 4
Nedo

Previous

Return to FlyInside General Discussion