[Solved]A/C outside textures,

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

[Solved]A/C outside textures,

Postby krazyj » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:41 am

Hey guys,

first off thanks for the new update, I do seem to have an issue with flyinside and 3rd party textures.

all my 3rd party planes, AS CRJ700, PMDG 737/777 textures are basically see through, so showing airframe skeleton, actualtors ect. I tried removing flyinside and the planes in question, then install flyinside first and then reinstall the planes. but no luck.

anyone else experience this ?
win 10
i7 4790 4ghz
Asus Ranger VII
16gb rams
2 x gtx 970 4gb oc SLI
OR software 1.9
krazyj

Re: A/C outside textures,

Postby teiva » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 am

My planes are OK but the I start to lose ground textures and the mountains and terrain becomes blue and see through. I'm running 4.1 and Win10 64bit 1709. It's driving me crazy.
teiva

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:07 am

Some aircraft are not modelled from the virtual cockpit and some are. Have you tried the stock aircraft ? As for the blue horizon this sounds like you are using a shader or plugin like sweetfx or similar ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby teiva » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 am

Hi Tony, I'm not using any plugin like sweetfx. Doesn't happen all the time but when it does it basically makes it unflyable. I'm pretty sure its not a Flyinside error but more of a P3D error because if I replace the 4.1 client with the 4.0 client then it doesn't happen.
teiva

Postby FlyingMonkey » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:02 pm

So I've been having this issue since 4.1 as well. It didn't bother me as much as other issues because I don't really leave the virtual cockpit, but I can see partially transparent textures even in the plane selection menu and certainly in external views, even when not flying in VR though. It's not that the textures are missing and transparent, they seem to glitch depending on the angle of view, and it's quite obvious when rotating the camera around the aircraft.

From some further testing yesterday after reading this, in the aircraft selection menu, I didn't see any glitch with default aircraft, but it was really bad for my aerosoft PBY, A2A Connie and Comanche. Some 3rd party aircraft (Carenado) seem to show up alright.

I don't know whether this is related to FI in anyway though, it might be bugs introduced by 4.1 itself as I installed both 4.1 and FI (betas version initially) at the same time and never tested 4.1 vanilla in this regard (and won't have the time to reinstall everything). None of that seems to happen in virtual cockpit thankfully.
FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 pm

OK I had forgotten about that, but for me the solution was simply to delete the shaders folders
ie go find Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders
And simply delete it. Do that for any drivers update or simulator update.
It fixed my external view issues
FlyingMonkey

Postby Stevil » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 am

FlyingMonkey wrote:OK I had forgotten about that, but for me the solution was simply to delete the shaders folders
ie go find Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders
And simply delete it. Do that for any drivers update or simulator update.
It fixed my external view issues

Thanks for giving that feedback mate :)
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby krazyj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:40 am

sorry for the late feedback, but I resolved the issue by doing a fresh install, after I wrote the post I had doubts if it was indeed Flyinside or if it could be MyTraffic 6.0a that could be the culprit. so I did what any non normal bored person would do, and did a completely fresh install of everything
win 10
i7 4790 4ghz
Asus Ranger VII
16gb rams
2 x gtx 970 4gb oc SLI
OR software 1.9
krazyj

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here