New trial user needs help

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

New trial user needs help

Postby Sinver » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi all. I desperately want to buy this but two things currently stop me. Flying the 737:

I cannot change the heading dial in single increments. It goes up and down in 2, so I cannot set an odd number.

The set speed button under the autothrottle arm switch wont work! Anyone able to help?

ps. I might have asked elsewhere but I honestly don't know if I finished the post so if there are two posts of this please forgive me.
Sinver

Re: New trial user needs help

Postby Sinver » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Wow, these forums are not exactly on fire are they? Tony, where are you when I need you?

Perhaps I need to be more detailed.

First of all, I bought it, because frankly this is a fantastic piece of software.

When settgin up a flight from Southampton airport to Gatwick, I have 2 problems.

First of all, for the ILS landing I need a heading of 81 degrees. The slider in the VR only increments in stages of 2. So to get 81 I still need to use the mouse.

Secondly, the autothrottle arm switch works ok. As does the setting to what speed you want (increments of 2 again), but the "speed" button does not. I "press" it with the VR finger, the controller buzzes but the button does not light up. I have to do that with mouse too,

Any ideas?
Sinver

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:22 am

Hi mate sorry for the delay. Real life and all ;) ok so the dial doesn't switch with single digit increments ? I'll test tonight for you. Is this with touch? And I take it this is with xp11 ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Sinver » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Tony wrote:Hi mate sorry for the delay. Real life and all ;) ok so the dial doesn't switch with single digit increments ? I'll test tonight for you. Is this with touch? And I take it this is with xp11 ?

Hi Tony, apologies for the bluntness, real life always comes first of course! Also apologies for lack of specifics.

I am using the touch controllers yes, and it is on FSX (I never got on well with XPlane for some reason).

So I point at the dials and they only increment in 2, so to set an ILS heading for 081 I can't because it jumps from 80 to 82 so I have to use my mouse to do that bit. No biggie but just a bit annoying.

It is also the same for setting the altitude. It only goes up or down in jumps of 200 so an odd number setting is impossible. That isn't an issue to be fair, just noting it.

And finally, the "speed" button under the autothrottle arm switch will not work. I "press" it with the oculus touch, and the touch actually rumbles but the switch stays off.

I hope that helps more, and sorry again for lack of details!

edit: I bought it anyway, it is a FANTASTIC program. You should have seen my brother in law (a technophobe but accomplished mechanic who has sat in a real DC 3 cockpit before) flying the DC 3. He was utterly stunned lol. I know the program is new and always developing so if you are able to, please pass on my thanks for what is a superb bit of programming.
Sinver

Postby Tony » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:46 pm

I'll get the devs to look again at this....seems fine with the mouse but I think the touch has problems with finesse in my opinion......will let you know mate ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Sinver » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks Tony. I do hope they can fix it but it doesn't ruin it for me. The faulty speed button is worse :)
Sinver

Postby Sinver » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Apologies for the "bump", any progress on this Tony?
Sinver

Postby Tony » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi mate, speaking to the devs and they do have an update coming this month. I am hoping this "fix" gets included so bear with us ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Sinver » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Tony wrote:Hi mate, speaking to the devs and they do have an update coming this month. I am hoping this "fix" gets included so bear with us ;)

Sounds great. The fact they are aware and I know it isn't just me doing it wrong is good enough for me :)

Thanks for getting back to me Tony.
Sinver

Return to FlyInside General Discussion