Fsx crashes when "interact" button pushed

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Fsx crashes when "interact" button pushed

Postby rough_edges » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:56 am

I am still having the same issues with the MJQ Dash-8 as described above. If I don't press my interact/show flyinsde menu I have no problems whatsoever(half-way through a flight and I forget this issue resulting in a crash :roll: ). I have had this problem also with the FSLabs Aibus and its just as consistent in its crash behavior.

The crash originally reulted in a "can't load ambient weather crash" from Active Sky but I uninstalled this module and still got the crashes.

I have aslo had this crash with the Aeorsoft Airbus but it is not as consistent as the MCJ and the FSLabs aircraft.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated, I think I have have tried everything to try and fix it to date but no luck so far. :cry:
rough_edges

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Hopefully a user of those aircraft will pop in and assist. If not I'll point this out to Dan to see if anything can be done ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby n3bulaR » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:19 am

Any news about this?
intel i5-4690K CPU
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX970, Driver Version 385.41
Win 8.1, FSX SP2 + Acceleration
DK2, Oculus Home 1.17
n3bulaR

Postby QAICFS1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm

I too am having a similar issue :(

As I am setting my system up I regularly check the FPS. As soon as I do this, Flyinside seems to struggle with it jumping to the desktop for a few seconds and then back into the sim. Eventually, an hourglass will appear and the screen starts to go black with the desktop showing "FSX HAS ENCOUNTERED A FATAL ERROR". It will then re-start in FSX (not flyinside). It doesn't display an error code and appears to be getting worse (more frequent). I have tried reducing the loading on the sim (not that the PC should require this) and it appears to make little difference.

Is there any news on a fix for this crash?

Jason
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
FSX Acc
Flyinside Pro
Oculus Rift
Intel i5-8600k (Overclocked 4.8Ghz)
16Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX-1070Ti
QAICFS1

Postby Tony » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:36 am

I shall point this back to the devs again guys :(
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Fuhradas » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 am

Hi there!
This is the first time I'm posting here at FlyInside Forums.
A tried FlyInside over a month ago and I was amazed. I hand't even finished the trial period and I was thinking about buying the pro version. However, when I switched to one of my favourite aircrafts, the Nemeth Designs Chinook, I had a crash as soon as I tried to interact with the cockpit. I just saw what has been said before in this thread: that as long as I don't touch anything, I will be fine. Thinking that the crashes could be due to libraries loaded by non default FSX models, I tried the F-18, the A321, the Bell 206, the AW101... So far the Bell and the AW have never crashed, the F-18 did crash frequently with release 1.91, but not with 1.92, and the A321 crashes quite often.
Since I love FSX for procedure trainning, not being able to interact with the Oculus Touch controllers drops realism quite a bit, since one of the things that I love the most about FlyInside is the fact of having to reach for the switches.
I will be happy to help by performing any test, :)

Thanks for such a great piece of software!
Fuhradas

Postby Tony » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi there :) can you post your sys specs and win version for us and what version of FSX you running ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Fuhradas » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:45 am

Sorry for my late reply. My system specs are as follows:

Asus laptop GL502VMK
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
FSX Gold Edition (build 10.0.61637.0)
Fly inside 1.92
Oculus Rift
Oculus Client 0.1.0.0
Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz
16 GB RAM
Geforce GTX-1060 6GB

At the moment I don't have any scenery/weather/effects addons installed (I do have a couple of addon airplanes though).

Any further information you need, please let me know! I promise that next time I will respond shortly, ;)
Last edited by Fuhradas on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fuhradas

Postby Fuhradas » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:46 am

Ups, I just forgot to add that my Windows build is 16299.309, version 1709
Fuhradas

Postby Thor's Hammer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:03 am

Hi all,
My setup : FSX with Acceleration, Oculus Rift with Touch and the Beta menu.
Same issue for me. As soon I approch one control or one instrument, the view freezes, and I get a hard return to Windows , then FSX start again wihtout FlyInsider.
The whole system was working fine until I started adding some addons. The first time it crashed, it was just after loading the L-39 from Lotus Sim on a runway. Since then I tried to load the most default startup I could load, namely the ultralight trike over the lakes, and as soon as my hand hoovers over one switch, it crashes.
That’s too bad, I had great fun flying the R22 with only the Touch controller, it works actually well. I did an hand-on initiation IRL, it was wiked fun to find the instrument at their places.
Thor's Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here