SLI (Disabled) Performance Woes

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SLI (Disabled) Performance Woes

Postby laserob » Sat May 07, 2016 2:40 pm

SLI isn't supported I understand that, so I did some hardware tests and configurations this weekend and came to the conclusion that having 2xGPU's (even when SLI is disabled) really has a negative impact on performance for me. I've got 2 980ti's. When only 1 card is physically installed, I get decent performance with occasional black frame flicker, but no tracking issues and rare missed frame issues at 90fps max resolution. If I do the same with 2 980ti's installed and SLI disabled, I get lots of black flicker and really back head tracking stutter.

It's interesting that if I use the settings previously posted by G-PMEM "http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1856#p8502" I do get decent performance with 2 cards installed and SLI disabled, but when I try and up resolution this falls apart quickly (and these higher settings work fine with only 1 980ti installed). I feel like I could be killing it in terms of performance if SLI were somewhat supported since running 3DMark Fire Strike test almost doubles my framerates with SLI. It's just funny how the card needs to be taken out of my computer (not just SLI disabled) to get good performance. Maybe this will help or I'd be happy to run some different hardware/software configs.
Asus Maximus Hero VIII, i7-6700k @ 4.5GHz
Win 10/64, Asus GeForce GTX 980ti STRIX
16GB DDR4-3000 Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H110i
laserob

Re: SLI (Disabled) Performance Woes

Postby alvmarti » Sat May 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks for the info, mate. I've got two 970 cards in SLI and the same problem. They DONT work in VR and in most non-vr games neither. SLI is a swindle. And now Nvidia says that the new GTX1080 will perform better than two 980 in SLI. WTF!!!
alvmarti

Re: SLI (Disabled) Performance Woes

Postby Tony » Sun May 08, 2016 12:16 am

Bear in mind that is for developers. And it's the standard 980 not the ti's :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to HTC Vive