Finally! (My experience)

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Finally! (My experience)

Postby Alatriste » Sun May 15, 2016 4:19 am

Finally I was able to use FlyInside in my -just received- HTC and let me tell you, it was more impressive that any demo from Valve I tried. I first flew with the Ultralight and the experience was absolutely mind blowing. Taking off and have the real feeling of being flying is just amazing. Thanks Dan! Everything works perfectly fine, although yes, I also could notice that blinking effect time to time. I have to say I was quite surprised with the high FPS rate I was getting with my GTX-980, even when I decided to try the complex PMDG 737. (here the frame rate dropped but still was good enough to get the feeling of being sit in a 737 cockpit.)

That being said, there are many option in FlyInside I don't know exactly what they do. I guess there is a manual somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I would also like to point out that the mouse arrow seems to work a bit crazy now. Sometimes disappear and I cannot find it. (maybe something is set up in the wrong way).

And as amazing as this experience is, I'm just a bit sorry we are at least one generation behind the one that will increase the resolution enough so we can read the dials from a normal distance.

Keep up the good work Dan!
i7-5820K (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost) / 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz / 4GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 980 / HTC-Vive
Alatriste

Re: Finally! (My experience)

Postby =IRN=WILL= » Thu May 19, 2016 3:27 am

Hi,

sounds like you are having fun, have you tried using it in 4K?

Cheers, Will.
=IRN=WILL=

Postby Thovart » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:47 am

Decided to write my experience here instead of creating a new topic.
Just got my Vive yesterday and bought FlyInside instantly, it was *that* good! With HATAS setup the immersion is overwhelming. No longer do I need to think about building a cockpit and buying various multipanels :)
Thank you very much!
Thovart

Postby admin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Thanks for the friendly feedback all! There is no manual, but I am working on a detailed wiki to help with everything :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby whoispankaj » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Thovart wrote:Decided to write my experience here instead of creating a new topic.
Just got my Vive yesterday and bought FlyInside instantly, it was *that* good! With HATAS setup the immersion is overwhelming. No longer do I need to think about building a cockpit and buying various multipanels :)
Thank you very much!

Pretty much agree with you here.People who try this will definitely not feel bad about not building a home cockpit at all. I too dropped the idea of even dreaming about it. What we just need is good resolution, 64bit P3D, good hand motion interface..Thats it...Yippiee..

Pankaj
whoispankaj

Postby ianken » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:40 am

I'm pretty amazed at what FI can do. The FSX engine is pretty crufty, and lets face it the stuff you see on screen in no way represents what modern GPUs can do. The fact that this was possible is a real testament to Dan and his work.

Now if only P3D would get a proper engine update. The fact that even on six cores at 4.5Ghz this thing bogs down is, well, being blunt: pretty damn sad.
ianken

Return to HTC Vive