Interaction with cockpit buttons?

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Interaction with cockpit buttons?

Postby John » Mon May 16, 2016 7:10 pm

New to FlyInside.. reading around, I see that if I had a Leap Motion, I could just flip the switches... but I don't. I've noticed that if I press the interaction button then move the mouse, I get a mouse pointer that follows my view... but I have yet to figure out how to activate the switch I'm hovering over. I half expected either the activation button or the mouse button to do so - but it's not doing a thing for me. I also read that button interaction was coming soon - but with as much interaction as there is, I suspect it's already there and I'm just missing something.

Any tips?
John

Re: Interaction with cockpit buttons?

Postby Bruce_C » Tue May 17, 2016 2:36 am

Mouse interaction with the cockpit should work in the same way it does in 2D. You can bind joystick buttons or keys to show/hide and also recenter the mouse pointer. If your mouse isn't working it's possible the mouse is not focused on the flight sim, try recentering.

Hope this helps,

Bruce
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby admin » Tue May 17, 2016 8:06 am

At the moment the interaction button doesn't actually work with the cockpit yet, so you'll need to use the mouse. That's functionality in development, in conjunction with Leap Motion improvements :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby G-PMEM » Tue May 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Peter
Windows 10, FSX:SE, P3D v4.1, i5 4670 3.4GHz, GTX 980, Vive, FI 1.82
G-PMEM

Return to HTC Vive