Hard crash/BSOD

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Hard crash/BSOD

Postby progrmr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Was doing my 2nd flight in FSX with the Alabeo Bell helicopter. About 10-15 minutes into the flight the headset image froze. I checked my monitor and had the frowny face blue screen of death.

What information can I provide to help make the product better? Is rhere a log or something I could send to Fly Inside?

I think Fly Inside will be a big hit with heli simmers, it really makes the low to the ground experience pop!
progrmr

Re: Hard crash/BSOD

Postby progrmr » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:22 am

I kept at this - figured out 2 problems that I think are causing the hard crashes/BSOD.

1) If the headset isn't picked up by the sensors, crash
2) I had a crazy problem with my CH Pro Pedals - I would touch them and they would deflect full right and not work. I believe this was also causing a crash of FlyInside. I was able to fix by going into the Calibrate... in FSX and resetting the CH Pro Pedals using the "Default" button which is like a reset.

After that I was able to fly the learjet although that crashed shortly into the flight, same with the default King Air 350. Again, I'm 99% sure these are related to my sensor placement. The Vive is setup as Full Room so when I'm sitting at my desk it's not the same as if I was in the middle of the defined play area.

I did get a video recorded of my in the Piper Cub w/ FlyInside. Check it out! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4BQwBKts9k
progrmr

Return to HTC Vive