Headset

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Headset

Postby kronica130 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Okay, so i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong here. The way i launch it is i open up steamvr then go to my settings and uncheck the setting to put the base stations to standby when VR is not running. then close steam vr and launch Flyinside. If i leave steamvr running then it gives me a error message and closes. Now the game will work for a little bit but the headset will finally shut itself off..... I've looked all over for a solution but have come up empty. Any help would be nice. How do you all start the game?
kronica130

Re: Headset

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:35 am

I just click on the Flyinside start icon on the desktop. Then steam should load in the background and you should be good to go. Try that without doing anything else and see how you get on ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Personally I start FlyInside with SteamVR open. What error message do you see when you start FlyInside with SteamVR open?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Robert » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:39 pm

Hey Kronica, I also start FlyInside/FSX/P3D with SteamVR open. I don't even mess with it now. When I exit from flying and close FSX or P3D, the base stations idle down and go into standby after a few minutes. Then when I reopen, they fire right back up.

I do know that some people have had issues with USB compatibility. There are a lot of older motherboards that have USB ports that don't fully meet spec and that has caused a number of problems for people - issues with repeated firmware updates, base stations not going into standby, other headset oddness, etc.

A web search on USB compatibility HTC Vive might turn up some suggestions as well as controller chips that are known to cause problems. A quick check of your motherboard specs should confirm if you have problem chips. This may not be your problem but I've seen too many weird things where it has turned out to be the issue and it's worth at least checking since that is so easy. If you do have problem controllers, there are PCI add-in boards with known good chips available that would fix that for you.

The behavior you report is not right though. Something is wrong that is causing that.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Return to HTC Vive