FPS drop when windows appear

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FPS drop when windows appear

Postby MezzUK » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi,

I'm currently using the trial version and when it's working seems great however I seem to be struggling with severe FPS drops when the floating windows appear. Example situation:

I load up P3D with one of the A2A aircraft (172, Cherokee or Comanche) and everything looks good. Seem to be running at a steady 30 odd fps. If I load one of the menus to check fuel levels etc. or if ATC pops up or I get another warning message (basically anything that causes FlyInside to create a floating window) the fps drops down to around 6fps and stays there until I restart. I've tried with some of the default aircraft as well and same issue, when a floating window appears the FPS bombs.

I've followed a few of other peoples recommendations on this forum to improve screen flickering (such as disabling SLI) but can't seem to get anywhere. I was wondering if anyone else had experience similar issues with the floating windows and if anyone has advice on things to try?

Really hoping I can get these issues sorted as would love to make a purchase as the product seems amazing :)
MezzUK

Re: FPS drop when windows appear

Postby admin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:10 pm

That's a really extreme FPS drop! So to confirm, SLI is disabled, and both headset and monitor are plugged into the same GPU?

Shoot me an e-mail: dan@flyinside-fsx.com I'd like to see what is causing this huge slow-down.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: FPS drop when windows appear

Postby MezzUK » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I've just emailed now.

Cheers.
MezzUK

Return to HTC Vive