Flickering Update 2 - SteamVR Beta Potential Fix Available!

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Flickering Update 2 - SteamVR Beta Potential Fix Availab

Postby frankbicknell » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:06 pm

I followed the instruction from above however my experience was not the same. I did not get an immediate download. My version does now say beta though. Anyhow a tip from another thread regarding 1070 drivers helped me a bunch a major flashing (like eye blinking) problem I was experiencing has disappeared. I have minor glistening in some areas of the display I am not sure if I get updated with the beta if that will go away.

Edit: I verified that I have the latest BETA version.
Last edited by frankbicknell on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z370 Chipset ASUS MB, I7 8700, 32Gb DDR4, M.2 - SSD, Win 10 64
GEForce 1080 TI SC@ Hybrid, Oculus HMD, Saitek X52 pro, Saitek pro cessna
frankbicknell

Postby Robert » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:15 pm

For me I got an immediate download when I selected the beta branch and then when I started SteamVR and then FlyInside all was back as it was before the fateful SteamVR update. SteamVR wasn't up when I switched to the beta branch though. When I started it, it was after the download.

Maybe restarting your computer might help? And did you make sure to re-enable always-on reprojection?
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby alienel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:09 am

Hello Dan. I just wanted to report back that using the Steam vr beta has fixed the flickering completely for me.
Flyinside FSX is running smooth once again although I've only had a small amount of time to test. It was instantly noticeable that there was no more flicker. The lighthouses had
a firmware update as well. I have also noticed that I am getting virtually no judder when I move my head around.
I have also added a signature to help you see the hardware that I am using.
I am extremely pleased and hope to get some time to test it out further in the days ahead.

Thanks for your hard work and letting us know so quickly about this fix for the flickering.
Alan
Rampage III Black Edition MB, I7 990X CPU@4.0 GHz, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 RAM, 2x GTX Titan X SLI). 2 Intel 520 series 480GB SSDs , 960GB Sandisk SSD, Corsair AX 1200PSU.Corsair H100i GTX liquid cooling,Windows 10 64 bit.
FSX Acceleration boxed.
alienel

Previous

Return to HTC Vive