Heads-Up On the SteamVR Beta Update - Non-Retail Units

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Heads-Up On the SteamVR Beta Update - Non-Retail Units

Postby Robert » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:08 am

This beta includes a firmware update for the Lighthouses. It went well for me and supposedly does for all retail units.

If anyone has "pre-release" units, there could be a problem with them going to sleep during the update which breaks them. There is a procedure to revive them but people who do not have the retail version may want to cycle power and let them connect just before the update to reset the sleep clock.

The update takes around a minute. I wasn't timing it but it's pretty fast. Just don't dawdle doing the update once the base stations connect up.

But to be clear, this is apparently only an issue with the units distributed before the official release. There is something slightly different about them that makes them susceptible.

Dan, if you got a complimentary Vive, it may be one of these pre versions. Here is the thread where the fix is discussed and linked to: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... tc/d5aa8pg
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: Heads-Up On the SteamVR Beta Update - Non-Retail Units

Postby solarisfire » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks for the heads up :-)
Intel i7 5930K @ 4.4ghz - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 (375.70) - 32GB DDR4 - Asus X99 Deluxe - 256GB SSD, 2x 480GB SSD (RAID 0), 2TB HDD - Win 10 x64 - P3D ver 3.4 - Saitek X-55 - HTC Vive - Orbx FTX Global / Vector - PMDG 737-800 - ActiveSky 2016 - ASCA
solarisfire

Return to HTC Vive