Known issues with loss of headset tracking?

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Known issues with loss of headset tracking?

Postby progrmr » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:37 pm

Hey all!

I'm running the latest update and was recording for YT - I lost tracking and then the A2A Cessna 172 lost the engine and into the drink!

I caught it on video but I"m not sure if it was related to losing head tracking while flying or my first landing busted up the Cessna so bad it had a mechanical failure.

It was kinda awesome either way - but I thought I'd find out if there are any known issues with FSX w/ FlyInside and loss of head tracking even for a couple of seconds..??

Here's the video - it's pretty funny at the end lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8S1F5-4ZGs
progrmr

Re: Known issues with loss of headset tracking?

Postby admin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:56 pm

Hmm. Could you let me know, when you lost headset tracking, what you saw inside the headset? Also, did it seem like a bug that you lost tracking, or possibly something between headset and Lighthouse?

Apologies if the info is in the video, I have very poor internet here ;)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tedmax » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Sorry if this is off topic, but I am a subscriber for your channel :D . How do you set it up so you can record what you see within the headset?
MSI X99A Gaming 7 MB, i7 5820K @4.5GHz, Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler, Gigabyte GTX1080 xtreme 8GB, Corsair Veng 32GB DDR4, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Corsair RM-750 PS Win10x64, XP11, HTCVive
Tedmax

Postby Robert » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:18 am

@Ted, it's pretty easy - I now get the best results/format by enabling the FlyInside mirror window, using Windows 10's multiple desktop feature to move it to another desktop, maximize the mirror window for best final resolution, and then use Open Broadcaster to record from that window.

It's not exactly what you see in the headset but is close. If you want exactly what is displayed you may need to see about a signal splitter for the HDMI port that feeds your headset.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Return to HTC Vive