Helicopter collective & Virtual Window manipulation

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Helicopter collective & Virtual Window manipulation

Postby VRoom19 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks for a great VR experience and breathing new life into FSX for me.

Couple of queries/issues?

When flying helicopters (stock Robinson or Bell), the collective/throttle is inverted. Grab it and pull up with Vive controller but lever and power goes down. I cant see any controls Ive got inverted. Fixed wing throttles work as expected. Heli via xbox controller or keyboard fine. But Vive controller or Leap Motion inverted.

I can get a Virtual Window, but cant move or resize it, either via gaze/interact, or using Vive controller in the same way as I can with the Flyinside move/vol/fps/menu mini-window. I sometimes see a flaky arrow cursor in my peripheral vision, but never stable. I also sometimes get the error messages about not being able to do Virtual Windows since needs to use same graphics card, although it is.

Keep up the good work.

Windows 10x64, i5-4670K, 8G, 1TB SSD, Asus GTX 1070 Strix latest drivers. FSX DVD + SP1&2
VRoom19

Re: Helicopter collective & Virtual Window manipulation

Postby ClusterHughie » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Also I would like the thank yall for the great work!

But i'm also having same issue.
The Vive controls work great until..

(1) When I reach up and grab the Throttle/Prop/Fuel levers . It goes fully forward or fully retracted. which then i can adjust after that happens. Just wish it would not move until I move my hand. Like when I need to pull back the props a little. I dont need them going all the way back to the feather spot.
(2) When i push forward, they move backwards. When i pull them back, they go forward.

Payware software. Twin Otter Areosoft

a couple big issues but should be a simple fix on axis and make it some how they do not move when i click the grab trigger.
- 4790K oc 4.7 Ghz
- GTX 1070 FD oc 2150 Mhz
- 32 Gig ram
- Custom EK water cool loop. (cpu and gpu)
ClusterHughie

Re: Helicopter collective & Virtual Window manipulation

Postby admin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Glad y'all are enjoying it :)

VRoom19:
1. Helicopter collectives are a known issue. Still working on it!
2. For now you need to resize virtual windows using the mouse, on the little blue arrows. I'm working on making it work with Vive controllers, gaze/interact, and fixing the flakiness of the mouse cursor.

ClusterHughie:
I'll check out the Twin Otter!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to HTC Vive