Radio Operation.

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Radio Operation.

Postby mercado » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:44 am

How do you operate the radios? So far I've only been able to switch the numbers after the decimal point, what in the real world would be the numbers controlled by the smaller portion of the channel knob; I cannot, however, change the main frequency on the radios or what would correspond to the larger portion of the knob in the real world. Radio operation is very important to me since I need to use it for Pilot Edge.
mercado

Re: Radio Operation.

Postby admin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Right now radios can be quite tricky to operate, varying from plane to plane. I'm working on a 1.61 patch which makes some big improvements, and next up is easier radio manipulation, so it will be addressed :) Right now if you can't operate radios in your particular plane I'd recommend using the mouse for them, as annoying as it is :oops:
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby mercado » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks for the info, Ill try to use the mouse.
mercado

Postby Tedmax » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:00 am

When I switched to FI, I quickly saw that operating little fiddly knobs was going to be problem....so I got the GTN750. OK it was expensive but boy I love it and it is so easy to tune the radio, set up flight plans, get info about airports etc.

Flyinside and the GTN750 are a great combination in any aircraft. I fly P3D - default Mooney Acclaim for now with VoxATC.
MSI X99A Gaming 7 MB, i7 5820K @4.5GHz, Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler, Gigabyte GTX1080 xtreme 8GB, Corsair Veng 32GB DDR4, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Corsair RM-750 PS Win10x64, XP11, HTCVive
Tedmax

Postby mercado » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:20 pm

I'll probably get it in the future. I still need to get a C150/C152 to work smoothly on InsideFSX. So far I haven't even been able to complete a single landing on the pattern. Yoke is off, pushing the brakes on the Saitek rudder will start moving the yoke some times, cant really adjust the throttle accurately, or the mixture control. Can't manipulate the imported windows. The carb heat is about the only thing that I can get to work properly...
mercado

Postby mercado » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Tedmax wrote:When I switched to FI, I quickly saw that operating little fiddly knobs was going to be problem....so I got the GTN750. OK it was expensive but boy I love it and it is so easy to tune the radio, set up flight plans, get info about airports etc.

Flyinside and the GTN750 are a great combination in any aircraft. I fly P3D - default Mooney Acclaim for now with VoxATC.

How exactly does radio operation work on the GTN750 on Inside FSX? Does it automatically give you the ATIS, ground, tower frequencies depending on the airport you're at? How do you toggle through them? Do you use the VIVE controllers?
mercado

Postby Tedmax » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:00 am

I have had the same issue with throttles turning the Yoke etc. I ended up sending the yoke, throttles, pedals etc through FSUIPC (paid version). That fixed it.

As for the GTN750, I have it as a pop-up window that sits on the co-pilot seat. I can access all frequencies including ATIS etc. I use a Logitech ball mouse that sits to the right of the yoke. So I use the mouse to operate the GTN. Somehow it doesn't seem to break the immersion. The visuals from FI and the sound with enclosed headphones is completely convincing. I was very skeptical myself about the GTN but now I wouldn't fly without FI, VoxATC, GTN750.

I have been simming since 1984 with the original Sublogic floppy disk - never has it been so enjoyable than in the last few months with the Vive and FI
MSI X99A Gaming 7 MB, i7 5820K @4.5GHz, Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler, Gigabyte GTX1080 xtreme 8GB, Corsair Veng 32GB DDR4, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Corsair RM-750 PS Win10x64, XP11, HTCVive
Tedmax

Return to HTC Vive