FI/P3D crash after in-sim crash

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FI/P3D crash after in-sim crash

Postby dfb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:19 pm

First, the new Fly Inside 1.61 is awesome - I'm using it with the Vive and the controller support works 100x better now - thank you so much! Before I could barely control the throttle and could almost never control the flaps (a lever), and now both of them are easily and smoothly controllable.

Anyway, I notice that any time the plane crashes in the sim, then the P3D program itself also crashes. As far as I can tell, it happens every time, and it happens only when running P3D via FlyInside - if I launch P3D separately, then crashing the plane causes the scenario to just reload normally, but no crash.

I'm running on Windows 10 64-bit, P3D 2.5.12946.0, FlyInside P3D 1.61, and the retail version of the HTC Vive, with latest drivers for Vive/Windows/graphics card. Please let me know if there are any log files or other info I can collect and send.

It's not a big deal - better to not crash in the first place, right - but I thought I'd mention it. And thanks again for creating this - it has completely changed my flight sim experience.
dfb

Re: FI/P3D crash after in-sim crash

Postby Tony » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi there :) Within the flyinside folder you will see the error logs. Either attach them to your post or email them direct to Dan ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to HTC Vive