Mysterious floating lights in the sky?

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Mysterious floating lights in the sky?

Postby Rogermilne » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Occasionally, I encounter lights that I've come to realize are related to another aircraft, but they are in the wrong place in the sky and have their own behavior in relation to head movement (as if they were not using the correct object-to-world transforms). I've also found that they only render to the left eye, when I do find them. Usually after 20+ minutes of play. I'm pretty sure this is not a Superbug related issue, as I saw this issue before I had purchased the Superbug.

Today, I booted up the Superbug and loaded a previously saved scenario, and was presented with these lights right off the bat -- AND, I think that this time, they're from my own aircraft so I got to really examine them closely.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing (top-left image is the left eye, top-right is the right eye, and bottom image is FSX itself):
FlyInsideRogueLights.jpg
Rogue Lights hovering near me
FlyInsideRogueLights.jpg (241.78 KiB) Viewed 4560 times
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4ghz, 16gb ram, Windows 10 64bit
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
FSX: Steam Edition, TacPack, Superbug, ActiveSky, RAAS, Accufeel
Rogermilne

Re: Mysterious floating lights in the sky?

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi mate , can you turn off experimental features in the superbug menu and see if this continues ? There is a little incompatibility with VRS and Flyinside but Dan and the DEVS at VRS are or were trying to trace the conflicts.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Mysterious floating lights in the sky?

Postby Rogermilne » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:43 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention - all TacPack experimental features are indeed turned off, and it happens even if I fly other aircraft. Usually when it happens, it seems like it's an AI aircraft's lights that are misbehaving, but still tied to my head in some odd way.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4ghz, 16gb ram, Windows 10 64bit
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
FSX: Steam Edition, TacPack, Superbug, ActiveSky, RAAS, Accufeel
Rogermilne

Return to HTC Vive