FlyInside FSX not working in FSX-SE

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FlyInside FSX not working in FSX-SE

Postby navydarren » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Good evening, I recently purchased both P3D and FSX versions of FlyInside. The P3D version works perfectly using HTC VIVE (and I have been blown away by the virtual experience from your amazing software in P3D) the FSX version however will not start in VR mode no matter what I do. I am using the latest Win 10 update 64 bit and I have a GTX 1080 Graphics card. Every time I start the FlyInside using the desktop icon and SteamVR opens. Once FSX loads I see the 2D menu inside my HTC VIVE and can manipulate it as expected. When the simulator loads however it does not load me into VR mode, just a 2D window with no head tracking or anything and the left hand screen just says waiting for simulator. Please could you look at my attached log file and see if there is any indication of what is going wrong? Many thanks in advance. Darren
Attachments
log.txt
Latest Log.txt
(214.52 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
navydarren

Re: FlyInside FSX not working in FSX-SE

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:25 pm

Thank you for your purchase, and my apologies with the FSX difficulties. There could be a few different things interfering:

1. Looks like you have EZDok? Try disabling this and deleting your cameras.cfg file so that a fresh one is created. EZDok and FlyInside are not compatible.
2. Once loaded, click on the simulator window, and press F9 to force virtual cockpit.

Please let me know if either (or neither) of those help!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby navydarren » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I apologise that I haven't been able to respond before now. I tried disabling EZDOK and I also deleted the Cameras.cfg but i still couldn't get VR in FSX-SE. The cameras.cfg also did not regenerate when I started FSX-SE so I had to rebuild a default one myself. Sometimes I get an error in steam saying that VR was unable to connect due to too many connection instances (even though it has only opened when I clicked on the flyinside icon). I might try a reinstall of FSX-SE to try the whole process from scratch ( I haven't installed loads of addons in that sim yet so it shouldn't be too painful). I will keep you posted on whether that works or not.

Regards,

Darren
navydarren

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi Darren,

Could you shoot me an e-mail, dan@flyinside-fsx.com, and link this thread? I have an idea I'd like to try which may fix this :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby navydarren » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Hey Dan, I got it working with a fresh install of FSX-SE. I may have had some legacy FSX files which were interfering with it all. I have VR in FSX and P3D now and I also have them working with EZCA which means I can move around inside the Virtual Cockpits. I have tried it with the default ultralight and am going to try it in the FS Labs A320. I am extremely impressed so thank you and the rest of your team for making all of this possible.

Many thanks, Darren
navydarren

Return to HTC Vive