Fatal error

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Fatal error

Postby Honka » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:36 am

Hello everyone!

So here is another "fatal error" issue. I´ve seen other posts about almost the same problem but I didn´t find any that describes the issue that i encounter.

Everything works fine when starting FlyInside. It starts FSX and when I start a flight (in the default A321) I get into the VR-cockpit as expected. But after like 10 seconds FlyInside shuts down and a message like "a fatal error has occured" (no error code that I can see).

What can I do to get this to work?

Some specs:

Windows 10
ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8 GB
FSX Acceleration Pack

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

/Honka
Honka

Re: Fatal error

Postby Tony » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:33 am

Hi Honka and welcome :) whilst flyinside does work with acceleration it does have some weird problems. Are the service packs loaded ? I'm not saying go buy it but fsx steam edition works perfectly and if you keep an eye on steam you can pick it up for 5 pounds very often ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Have you got the official FSX patches too? I think that can also cause this but it's been a while and I don't remember the details.

But Tony has a good point. Memory management is much better in FSX:SE and there are some other bugs squashed too.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Honka » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:21 am

Hello Robert!

Thanks for your reply.

No I have not installed any patches/service packs for FSX rather than those that are included in the Acceleration pack. If I got things straight the SP1 and SP2 from Microsoft (the official ones) are included in Acceleration, right?

I can´t use FSX-SE either because I fly in Multiplayer from time to time with others that doesn´t have the SE-version.
So it would be really nice if there is a chance to get around this fatal error that occures. Maybe an error code would help Tony but I don´t see/get any.

I forgot to tell that I run the demo version of FlyInside but I guess that doesn´t has anything to do with the problem?

Thanks and thanks in advance for more help with this!

/Honka
Honka

Postby Honka » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 am

Tony wrote:Hi Honka and welcome :) whilst flyinside does work with acceleration it does have some weird problems. Are the service packs loaded ? I'm not saying go buy it but fsx steam edition works perfectly and if you keep an eye on steam you can pick it up for 5 pounds very often ;)

Tony

Hello Tony!

Thanks for your reply.

So there is no solution of the problem except running FSX-SE instead of FSX Acceleration?
Yes I have FSX-SE on Steam but cannot use that version because of the multiplayer issue, I want to fly with my friends (in FSX Acceleration) and in VR at the same time :/

Please let me know if an update of FlyInside solves this in the future!

Best regards

/Honka
Honka

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Honka,

If you are able to consistently reproduce this crash shortly after the simulator loads, I may be able to debug it on your computer. Can you shoot me an e-mail, dan@flyinside-fsx.com?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to HTC Vive