I need a bit of help

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

I need a bit of help

Postby Mymar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:36 pm

I am trying to figure out how to use the vive controllers with FSX, and so far most things will click and work, but for instance on one aircraft I couldn't figure out how to click on the throttle, and on another the joystick seemed not to want to be clicked on, am I doing something wrong?
Mymar

Re: I need a bit of help

Postby Robert » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:10 am

You might not be doing anything wrong. If what you are trying to do works in some aircraft but not others, it could be the plane just hasn't been sorted. This is especially likely if you are talking about aftermarket planes or free downloads.

With these kinds of things it really helps if people provide details. What planes and what controls specifically in those planes? Also please include details on tour computer and software in your post or signature like you will see many others do here.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Mymar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Thank you for your reply, I tried it on two aircraft, the RealAir Legacy, the joystick didn't work when I clicked on it, and on the Trike ultralight, the throttle didn't work. Both are needed to get the airplane moving, by being settled do you mean it just takes a minute or something to load? It show a ton of promise, though I may just move back to using my joystick for now.
Mymar

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:28 pm

FlyInside's interaction support varies quite a bit from aircraft to aircraft. The Legacy simply needs some work on my end, unfortunately nothing you can do until a FlyInside update corrects it. Not sure why the trike throttle isn't working, I'll take a look at that.

One recommendation, is to try loading the stock Cessna 172, then switching to your aircraft of choice. This can fix problems on certain computers :)

Aircraft where yoke/throttle should both work great:
  • Stock Cessna
  • CRJ 700
  • B-737
  • Baron 58

Many others will work as well, but those are just some good ones to try, make sure your setup is working right

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Mymar » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Thank you for your reply! I suppose I ought to ask, what is the correct way of using the joystick, because in the C172 it didn't work there either. Could it have something to do with me using the steam edition of FSX? Or perhaps just not understanding what exactly to do? All of the various knobs and switches all seem to work perfectly fine, including throttle and mixture, lights etc. So I'm assuming it's me not understanding rather than something being wrong with the program.
Mymar

Postby Robert » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:34 pm

You might want to check the controls setup in the settings/options menu. It could just be that your joystick isn't properly configured.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Mymar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:05 pm

I will certainly check those, just in case I didn't mention it, I've been using the HTC Vive, and the motion controllers.
Mymar

Postby Tony » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Robert, the guy helping you, uses the same mate :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to HTC Vive