FSX Judders Unplayable

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSX Judders Unplayable

Postby juicebox1155 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:54 am

Hello, im currently having an issue with the vive version of fsx. I posted here awhile ago trying to solve my issue but nothing I tried worked. I now have more time and would like to try and fly in vr. My pc specs are: 17 5820k, 2 gtx 980ti in sli, 16gb ddr4, fsx is on an ssd. Im currently pulling anywhere from 100-190 fps on the ingame fly inside window, yet the image in the HMD is terrible. Its jerky and looks like its rendering every frame twice. I have reprojection turned off in the steam vr settings, ive tried limiting my fsx fps to 90, ive tried disabling sli and enabling sli, im on a fresh install of fsx... Im kinda at a loss here of why this isint working properly.

Is there anything else in game or in the steam vr settings I need to do?

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.
i7 5820k @ 4.1 Ghz, Msi SLI Plus X99, Asus Strix Gtx980 ti x2, Samsung 850 evo, 16gb corsair vengeance ddr4.
juicebox1155

Re: FSX Judders Unplayable

Postby admin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Two recommendations:

1. Could you try limiting FPS to 45, just to see if that frees up headroom for the HMD to perform nicely?

2. This is an obnoxious request, and I apologize in advance. If you are willing, could you try physically removing one of your cards, and let me know whether that makes a difference? In theory it should make no difference at all, but in practice I've seen crazier things come from graphics driver bugs ;) Either way, the knowledge would help pin down whatever's going wrong.

Thanks!
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: FSX Judders Unplayable

Postby juicebox1155 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:28 pm

admin wrote:Two recommendations:

1. Could you try limiting FPS to 45, just to see if that frees up headroom for the HMD to perform nicely?

2. This is an obnoxious request, and I apologize in advance. If you are willing, could you try physically removing one of your cards, and let me know whether that makes a difference? In theory it should make no difference at all, but in practice I've seen crazier things come from graphics driver bugs ;) Either way, the knowledge would help pin down whatever's going wrong.

Thanks!
Dan

I updated my drivers and disabled sli and it did the trick! Not sure what was going on but its working now. Thanks!
i7 5820k @ 4.1 Ghz, Msi SLI Plus X99, Asus Strix Gtx980 ti x2, Samsung 850 evo, 16gb corsair vengeance ddr4.
juicebox1155

Return to HTC Vive