How do you control the movement of the plane?

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

How do you control the movement of the plane?

Postby Alistar3000 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:43 am

Hi everyone, this is going to seem like a stupid question, but using the Vive in X-Plane in the stock Cessna I can't control the movement of the plane at all. I can click to make the joystick appear/disappear, but can't seem to "lock" onto it to move it to turn or pull back to take off. What am I missing? I've got the trigger on the controller set as the interact button, and can use all the other controls in the cockpit, just not that.

Using the demo of X-Plane 11 (want to make sure it works well with the Vive before buying).

Thanks...
Alistar3000

Re: How do you control the movement of the plane?

Postby toliverez » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm using Xplane pb15 now and I haven't been able to use the vive controller effectively. The only usable function is throttle/mixture control for the C172 and for turning on a switch. The controller seems unable to reverse a switch at the moment or change the direction of turning a dial. There is also an issue with the selection zone of each interactive piece of the aircraft; put your vive controller to one of the c172's light switches and you're highlighting the entire row of switches. Lastly, there doesn't seem to be a way to grab the yoke to fly the plane with the vive controller in the C172 at this time.

Basically, for the version of XPlane we are using, the vive controllers are inoperable :(
HMD: Vive CPU: i7 4470K GPU: GTX 1080 RAM: 32gb DDR3 Storage: SSD MOBO: Sabertooth Z87 OS: Windows 10 64bit
toliverez

Re: How do you control the movement of the plane?

Postby Stevil » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:22 am

Alistar3000 wrote:Hi everyone, this is going to seem like a stupid question, but using the Vive in X-Plane in the stock Cessna I can't control the movement of the plane at all. I can click to make the joystick appear/disappear, but can't seem to "lock" onto it to move it to turn or pull back to take off. What am I missing? I've got the trigger on the controller set as the interact button, and can use all the other controls in the cockpit, just not that.

Using the demo of X-Plane 11 (want to make sure it works well with the Vive before buying).

Thanks...

Hi,

the question is: How do you want to operate the airplane?
I think nearly all of us use a joystick for steering the aircraft. To interact with the switches I still use the mouse.

Currently Dan and the team are working on better support for Leap Motion and Oculus Touch and stuff.

Best regards
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to HTC Vive