Not getting 30fps in xp11

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Not getting 30fps in xp11

Postby MrMasternes » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello. I'm trying to hit atleast 30fps but it's not happening. I'm running a overclocked Titan X Maxwell running at 1.1GHz and memory at 3.9GHz. I'm also rocking a 5820k clocked in at 4.5GHz. But for some reason I still cannot run the game at 30fps. Is it really that demanding? I've tried lowering everything to minimum and still nothing. Runs at about 27fps
MrMasternes

Re: Not getting 30fps in xp11

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:52 am

Can you be a bit more specific ? What settings are you running in Flyinside?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby MrMasternes » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Tony wrote:Can you be a bit more specific ? What settings are you running in Flyinside?

Sorry. The settings don't really matter much except the resolution I'm running flyinside at. The video is very choppy and I can see black bars around my field of view. I don't really have any trouble running other games in VR... I play alot of DCS with a solid 90 fps
MrMasternes

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:22 am

In Flyinside settings turn off ASW.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby MrMasternes » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Tony wrote:In Flyinside settings turn off ASW.

What's ASW?
MrMasternes

Postby FlyingMonkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 am

That's Asynchronous Space Warp, one of the methods allowing to deal with lower framerates. This is an Oculus feature if I'm still up to date with that (Vive has got asynchronous timewarp instead, at least for now, and that's not something you'll change in FlyInside setting), so if you have a Vive this won't be relevant I think.

There's got to be something else in your settings or your system that needs to fine tuned or fixed. I have a GTX 1080 with a i7 3930@4.4Ghz, and my fps never dips under 30fps. Are you using scripts with FlyLUA? Some of these scripts can trigger problems (but others can help greatly improve fps), so if you're using a whole bunch of scripts or addons, it's best testing without these first, as you should already often have a fps above 30fps without anything else.
Since you're running DCS at good framerates, it's got to be something specific to your x plane install and settings. Have you already tried reinstalling x plane by the way? I think I also vaguely remember that between major updates there are some folders in the X Plane install that are best deleted (and can help restoring good fps when it's gone bad after updates)
FlyingMonkey

Return to HTC Vive