HTC vive 2

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: HTC vive 2

Postby Robert » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey Tony, hope all is OK.

On the FlyInside with Vive Pro, the Oculus Go is only 1280x1440 per eye. The Vive Pro is 1440x1600 per eye. It was me that Dan replied to about the increased resolution of the Pro and he said the mapping was problematic. To be honest, I don’t believe that and think he just is busy with the sim or no longer interested in supporting the Vive.

He really needs to tell people what is what. There are people still buying FlyInside and discovering it mostly sucks for use with the Pro. They ask here for help, get nothing, and I’ve now seen at least one rightfully ask for a refund.

For now FlyInside is essentially being misrepresented as applicable to the Vive Pro. It’s not. It shouldn’t take half a year to support the Pro and it damn sure shouldn’t take half a year for Dan just to tell us he will or won’t support the Pro. To tell us his intentions would take a couple of minutes. It pisses people off he can’t find the time to even do that.

For those who have a Pro and find this thread, X-Plane works great without FlyInside. P3D has a rumor about that they are about (Q4) to switch to a new physics-based render engine (like X-Plane and Aerofly FS2). That should offload the CPU to the GPU more and as their VR support matures, hopefully make FlyInside unnecessary there as well.

FlyInside is good software and still would provide value even in X-Plane. But it sucks with the Vive Pro. It’s not mapping. If mapping was the issue, the images using FlyInside would be warped and they aren’t. Aspect ratios are fine. Distortion is fine. It’s only resolution and for whatever reason, Dan still hasn’t fixed it to work with the Pro and this far in I'm not hopeful at all. I only check here occasionally now as there has literally been nothing for months.

I can’t and won’t recommend FlyInside any more. And that’s a shame. We don’t even get communication. We get nothing. And that’s wrong.

Tony, this wasn’t directed at you in any way. Dan just needs to fix his software or tell people it’s frozen and end of life.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Tony » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Finally we have a patch/beta that should be an improvement for the vive pro, please test and report ;)

https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtop ... =39&t=6938
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby jimh20 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 am

Hi Tony,

Good news at last!!
The new version seems to solve the Vive Pro resolution problem for me. Personally, the new install of FI resulted in P3D crashing with a P3D error in event viewer.

To enable P3D4.3 to start independently I had to uninstall/reinstall P3D Client. As a precaution, I then uninstalled FllyInside, clearing out all related files, and did a complete new install.

All is perfect now. The new version at first gave me 13/69 fps. Now I have 36/90 with a multiplier of 2x. I'm really happy to have FlyInside once more!

Regards, Jim
Win10-64, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i7-6700k 4.7GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, EVGA GTX1080ti 11GB FTW3 Gaming, 3 Monitors 19-22-19" , CV1, Leap Motion, CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle, Saitek Pedals.
jimh20

Previous

Return to HTC Vive