Vive pro compatiblity

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Vive pro compatiblity

Postby idefixgallier » Tue May 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Gentleman, you saved my day ... somehow.
I do not own the Vive Pro, i bought the Samsung Odyssey and experienced the same:

Very cool in Aerofly FS2
Way better then the oculus in P3D Native mode
somehow the same in Flyinside....

I had the feeling it that Flyinside is running the same resolution as with the Oculus
and you acknowledged that.

I hope there is a way, or a change of the code from the developer, to address other
resolutions ...

Urgently required....
idefixgallier

Postby RayFox » Tue May 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Will geht my Pro this month.
Any "breakthrough" highly appreciated.
FlyInside is so much fun with the Vive, it must be a revolution when adapted to the Pro.
RayFox

Postby Robert » Tue May 01, 2018 8:58 pm

I would bet Dan is on it since he has a Pro now. And I bet it’s not purely trivial. It would be better in the long run to just have one version for each sim that supports all the resolutions and that may be a bit of a headache with different size arrays, different warp algorithms, etc.

I’m just glad we got it sorted pretty quick. There is apparently a fairly well-known bug in P3D that kept kicking me into low res textures and P3D native mode was just as blurry in the Pro as it had been in the original Vive. Once I deleted the prepar3d.cfg file and let P3D rebuild it, P3D looked amazing with the Pro resolution - as I’m sure it does in the Odyssey since it’s the same.

I’m still flying though. It still looks great with reduced SDE and all. I’m just eagerly anticipating better resolution. :D
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Thornfoot » Thu May 03, 2018 10:46 am

Is there any way to increase the resolution in FSX to take advantage of the Vive Pro?
Thornfoot

Postby Robert » Fri May 04, 2018 9:29 am

I bet FlyInside-FSX is in the same state as P3D with the exception that you can’t see what life could be like with a FlyInside fix since FSX has no native VR support. And though I haven’t tried it, X-Plane 11 does have a native VR mode now to compare with and I bet it is the same.
Robert

Postby malexdu » Fri May 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Tony/Dan ...any progress guys on the Pro and Flyinside? Keen to purchase the vive pro but waiting to see what FI can do with it first.
Thanks
Malexdu

Win 10 (64 bit) / i7-8700K @ 5.0 mhz / 32mb RAM / Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti / P3Dv4.5 / HP Reverb Pro Headset /AS & ASCA /Flyinside P3D4 1.98 / Too much Orbx Scenery /
malexdu

Postby Tony » Fri May 25, 2018 5:06 pm

I'm trying to get Dan to post asap folks ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Thornfoot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:56 am

It has been a month, any info on increasing the resolution for full Vive Pro compatability?
Thornfoot

Postby Tezza » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Some info would be much appreciated, I use the FF A320 however no mouse in native VR, no communication from them on a fix and no communication from FlyInside, where the mouse does work, on full Vive Pro support. Must be busy on the new sim but no news on that either!
8700K @ 5.0, Titan X Pascal, 16Gb RAM, Windows 10, TM Warthog with CH Pedals, Vive Pro.
Tezza

Postby Robert » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:45 am

Just a heads-up on the Pro. It does work with FlyInside, and does look better than the gen 1 Vive, but as yet there is no support for the increased resolution of the Pro or the Odyssey.

Personally, I stopped using FlyInside in X-Plane. Laminar has good enough VR support that I can get over not having the other features FlyInside has to get the full resolution view. The image quality is just so much better with proper support and being able to use the wands to teleport around is a huge feature.

I still use FlyInside with P3D for now, though. Pro support isn’t right in 4.2 but there is a 4.3 update due any day that is supposed to have improved VR support. The view in 4.2 with the Pro is beautiful but the world scale is wrong.

Once you try the Pro or an Odyssey in a flight sim with proper support for the increased resolution, it’s obvious where this needs to go. Aerofly is just stunning in VR in the Pro with its native support and emphasis on VR. X-Plane is getting there but is already good enough now for me to cut the cord. As noted, P3D looks better but is bringing up the rear since it still needs FlyInside but FlyInside still doesn’t support the higher resolution. I wish FlyInside could be there because it has some really nice features, but with Lockheed-Martin's emphasis on training, I bet they have embraced the Pro/Odyssey big time and 4.3 may obsolete FlyInside there too.

It’s been a great ride with FlyInside, but without supporting the new resolutions, it’s forcing us to abandon it as native support gets better in the various sims.
Robert

PreviousNext

Return to HTC Vive