Virtual Yoke control

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Virtual Yoke control

Postby sunjunkiesi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi There

New user of VR here, though not at all new to flight sims. I use p3d and have downloaded the trial of flyinside. So far I am unable to use the controllers to effectively manipulate any of the controls in the sim. I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction please. The issues I have are;
- Most yokes don't appear to be at all manipulable, and those few that are bear little correspondence to the hand movements I am making. Furthermore, I have to keep the trigger pressed, which after 1 minute is tiring. I can see it getting very hard to maintain after a long flight.
- Throttles and levers can't be "grabbed" as such, only pointed at, and the propeller levers seem to work in reverse to the mixture and throttle levers.
- Switches are deeply hit and miss with some needing to be grabbed, some needing to be flipped, and others again having a ruler system to select the require position.
- Head/eye positions are horrible with almost all aircraft, even though I have worked out how to scale them. I can't find a way to adjust the eye position to get a more realistic view. In some aircraft I look down and it gives the impression that my body is 6 inches long!

I have tried all sorts of (GA, not interested in tubes) aircraft, from default through to a2a and others, and I am getting the same results throughout all the fleets. I really want this to work in p3d, I am heavily invested in this sim. However currently the native x-plane vr is running so much better than I can get flyinside to work in p3d that I am struggling to justify the purchase price of the software.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, as I have really got used to using the vr controllers to manipulate everything in sim and find it deeply immersive to do so. If I can get FI to work as well as x-plane native that would be my goal.
sunjunkiesi

Return to HTC Vive