FlyInside_P3D, Partial Connection?

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: FlyInside_P3D, Partial Connection?

Postby jimh20 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:17 am

Hi Bruce,

1. Renamed Prepar3d.cfg but no difference.
I'm puzzled by seeing from within the Rift, on my left a big banner with "Waiting for Simulator" on it, in brown and therefore inactive, while to my right I have a window which is active, showing P3D, 2 inches wide on a black background.
i.e. Waiting for Simulator on one side and a tiny but flyable P3D on the other.

2. After the above I disconnected the Triplehead hardware once again, searched the computer for any Matrox entries and deleted them. There was no actual Matrox application. I rebooted into one 22" monitor, but again there was no difference, except that apart from what you have seen in the posted images I now have in addition, a round magnifier which I can move around and enlarge with my bound button .

Next suggestion Please!

Jim
Win10-64, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i7-6700k 4.7GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, EVGA GTX1080ti 11GB FTW3 Gaming, 3 Monitors 19-22-19" , CV1, Leap Motion, CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle, Saitek Pedals.
jimh20

Postby Bruce_C » Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 am

I'm grasping at straws here I'll admit

1. The P3D window is flyable but you're not getting the option to enter the simulator? I've seen this happen (in FSX not P3D admittedly) when a flight starts with a view OTHER than the Virtual cockpit. I can see from your screen shot that you're clearly in cockpit view but it might be worth trying to cycle other views?

2. You've probably already tried this but try some of the P3D default flights and scenarios or any other flights you may have saved. Do they all behave the same?

3. Try to delete (or move and backup) the cameras.cfg file.

4. Try a fresh installation of FlyInside. Uninstall FlyInside as normal and then delete (or move and backup) your C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside folder before reinstalling. You'll have to rebind your FlyInside buttons. It might be worth trying the fresh installation with your PC setup with a single monitor, again to try and eliminate the triple head configuration from the equation.
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby admin » Mon May 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Jim,

Do you have any other add-ons? At looks like you still have WideFS active if nothing else. Please try disabling every add-on that you have (aside from simple scenery stuff like OrbX and add-on aircrafts), and let me know whether that makes a difference. Something there is seriously confusing FlyInside.

The fact that the simulator view itself is only a small fraction of the overall simulator window means that FlyInside isn't properly hooking into Prepar3D's graphics pipeline, hence why it's stuck "waiting for simulator."

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby jimh20 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:38 pm

I've tried to no avail, each of your suggestions. I do have FSX-SE, which I installed to compare with P3D in terms of load on my system. I can't try it because I decided P3D was so superior I elected not to buy the bundle but just Flyinside for P3D. I do regret that now!

Jim

Bruce_C wrote:I'm grasping at straws here I'll admit

1. The P3D window is flyable but you're not getting the option to enter the simulator? I've seen this happen (in FSX not P3D admittedly) when a flight starts with a view OTHER than the Virtual cockpit. I can see from your screen shot that you're clearly in cockpit view but it might be worth trying to cycle other views?

2. You've probably already tried this but try some of the P3D default flights and scenarios or any other flights you may have saved. Do they all behave the same?

3. Try to delete (or move and backup) the cameras.cfg file.

4. Try a fresh installation of FlyInside. Uninstall FlyInside as normal and then delete (or move and backup) your C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside folder before reinstalling. You'll have to rebind your FlyInside buttons. It might be worth trying the fresh installation with your PC setup with a single monitor, again to try and eliminate the triple head configuration from the equation.
Win10-64, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i7-6700k 4.7GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, EVGA GTX1080ti 11GB FTW3 Gaming, 3 Monitors 19-22-19" , CV1, Leap Motion, CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle, Saitek Pedals.
jimh20

Postby jimh20 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi Dan,
I'll try to disable or uninstall my addons. I'm wondering if it might be safest to reinstall P3D from scratch and add things one by one. Meanwhile I'll start to make a list (I should have done that at the time!)

Regards, Jim
jimh20

Postby Bruce_C » Mon May 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Jim,

There is a free trial of fly inside which you could try with FSX
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV

Bruce_C

Postby jimh20 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi Bruce,

I've downloaded the Demo for FSX and used it with FSX-SE.

I get a similar brown Banner to my left, sayin "Waiting for Simulator"

I get a window to my right, similar to P3D, but this time FSX fills the window. I can fly in the window but can't enlarge it, and it's not what anyone would want to use.
Does this situation mean that FlyInsIde is stalled in the process of completing its job, all be it at a later stage than I've found with P3D?

It would have been good if FSX had appeared as I imagine P3D is going to when this situation is resolved. However my focus is on P3D and I'll continue to get it free of addons, as Dan has suggested.

Jim
jimh20

Postby Bruce_C » Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 pm

The 'Waiting For Simulator' button SHOULD change to 'Enter Simulator!' when the sim has finished loading and a flight has started, pressing this makes the sim go 'full screen' and puts you in the cockpit. If the flight is already in the VC then FlyInside will automatically do this without the need to press the button.

It's weird that it seems to be hanging at this point and interesting that it's only P3D that has the strange window size bug which implies we might be looking at two separate issues.

Do you have any add ons in FSX-SE?

Bruce_C

Postby jimh20 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi Bruce,
I'd forgotten about addons as I only installed FSX to compare with P3D.

Most important probably - DX10
EZDOK
Reshade Master Effects

Maybe that's more than enough!

Jim
jimh20

Postby Bruce_C » Tue May 24, 2016 6:36 pm

I don't know if the DX10 compatibility works with FlyInside so that is one to consider. EZDOK has known issues with FlyInside but I'm not familiar with Reshade Master Effects at all.

Depending on how much you use FSX it might be worth trying a clean install, or disabling the add ons to rule those out.

Bruce_C

PreviousNext

Return to Oculus Rift CV1