Main selection key bind with Saitek Yoke

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Main selection key bind with Saitek Yoke

Postby devman » Tue May 31, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi there,

New user to Flyinside! Loving what I'm seeing so far - amazing!! Just having an issue which I think is related to my Saitek Yoke system.

I am running the Oculus Rift CV1 and Prepar3d v3 with Saitek Yoke, Throttle/Pitch/Mixture system, switch panel and rudder system.

When I first start up Flyinside it asks to press a button on my joystick to use as the main selection button so I use the button on the yoke system that is nearest my index finger (easiest to reach). It selects it and moves to the next screen but after that the button I selected does not work to click on anything.

I can remove the rift, launch the simulator and then put the rift on and when I am in the simulator the selection button no longer works to move/close the floating menus etc.

Any ideas why this binding would release/fail? Is it due to the Saitek drivers? I installed the ones for Prepar3d v2.x but couldn't see any for version 3.

Would love some help so I can set things up properly and get flying!

Cheers,

Devin
devman

Re: Main selection key bind with Saitek Yoke

Postby Bruce_C » Tue May 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Hmm this is a tricky one. Can you check in the windows USB game device applet that you've got no buttons 'pressed' or showing active? It sounds possible that somehow FlyInside is detecting the wrong button press?
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby admin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Does the next screen show the name of the button assigned (it should with FlyInside 1.51)? Could you let us know what it says?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby McFly85 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:28 am

I've got the same problem.
I've purchased the full version of FI. Using Saitek X52. FSX SE. CV1

The 1st screen after loading says "Press any joystick button to recenter your head position".
I press a button.
On the next screen I can use my mouse to start a mission or navigate the FSX menu, but nothing I press will activate the FI settings or any other FI menu button that my CV1 pointer is hovering over.

I've tried many different X52 buttons on the initial binding screen.
My Saitek software isn't showing any buttons pressed or active.
I can't see any screen that shows the name of the button assigned.

Thanks in advance. I love this software. Just wish I could get into the settings to try things like the magnifying glass that I've heard about.
McFly85

Postby Bruce_C » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 am

McFly (great nickname btw!)

Have you considered disabling the Saitek profiler software? There may be some conflict or issue with the Saitek software. As an alternative you could try using a registered copy of FSUIPC to assign joystick buttons? (well worth the money IMHO)

Cheers,

Bruce
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby McFly85 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:42 pm

Thanks for getting back to us Bruce,

I just tried disabling the Saitek profiler software, with no luck.
I also tried unplugging my throttle, stick, and pedals, restarting the PC, and using an XBOX controller to "recenter your head position". Same problem, once I get to the next screen the XBOX button is no longer any use.

I had to try with the XBOX controller since the keyboard doesn't "recenter your head position". Is that normal?

The only idea I have is that I think the 1st time I ran FI, on the "recenter your head position" screen I think I might have bumped the keyboard or joystick and bound an unknown key or button to FI. I wouldn't expect this to be permanent though. Plus I think I've systematically tried every button and key in the FI menu. And it doesn't explain why I can use any button to get past the initial "head position" screen. I could try a reinstall I guess. I'd rather not reinstall FSX if I have to download the whole game from steam again (I don't have a huge download limit). But if it's not a big deal to reinstall FI without removing FSX, I'm happy to give it a go.

Cheers.
McFly85

Postby Muso-Ka » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:34 am

There is no need to uninstall FSX, simply delete Flyinside folder located at USERNAME \ Appdata \ Roaming\. And you begin to reconfigure.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Postby McFly85 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Muso-Ka THANK YOU!

I deleted the FI folder as you said. Once I went through the FI setup again and bound a button it works as expected, so I'm finally in the FI settings.

Cheers everone :D
McFly85

Return to Oculus Rift CV1