Internal FSX settings vs Flyinside settings

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Internal FSX settings vs Flyinside settings

Postby FlyingKeys » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi. I fly exclusively using Orbx add ons and follow their configuration advice for scenery and general settings. I'm curious if selections such as anti-aliasing should be handled by FSX or by the flyinside aa options. I tried upping the MSAA (not sure if those correct letters) in Flyinside as well as turning on anti-aliasing in FSX and it really took a hit on my frame rate. I'm looking forward to Tony's user manual video on settings but hoped to get some info on the meantime.
My frame rate is really great I'm just bothered by image quality in rift and also the constant screen redraw...(especially textures and trees). Not sure if this is a function of the rift and if it will ever get better than it is with CV1....kind of another topic, but is anyone thinking the new gtx 1080 going to improve image quality and screen redraws...or are the lens on the rift the issue?
I do see much better image quality in Project Cars, but it's probably a lot less demanding a program as far as scenery goes.
Thanx for any ideas.
Valve Index
Asus G20CB
i7 6700 4.0 Ghz
16 GB RAM
nVidia GTX1080
256 SSD (FSX)
1 TB 7200 Drive
Windows 10
FlyingKeys

Re: Internal FSX settings vs Flyinside settings

Postby jimh20 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:48 am

Hi,
I haven't changed any of those settings myself, but we've got similar systems although my GPU is only a 970. In P3D, I have an as smooth as silk experience, no screen redraws, no artifacts of any kind. I'm really relieved to find my minimum VR spec 970 copes as fully as it does, and my settings are not anywhere near minimum. Like you, I'm flying with a full catalogue of Orbx scenery, but not with super complex PMDG type aircraft.
My frame rates vary, 37/45 - 91/95 (P3D-FI).

So far I haven't been able to check my CPU or GPU load while wearing the Rift, but I'm very curious as to what it is.
The Rift resolution is a bit disappointing compared to a monitor. I liken it to looking through a very fine mesh screen, but it is what it is, and there sure are huge compensations.

Good Luck, Jim
Win10-64, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i7-6700k 4.7GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, EVGA GTX1080ti 11GB FTW3 Gaming, 3 Monitors 19-22-19" , CV1, Leap Motion, CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle, Saitek Pedals.
jimh20

Return to Oculus Rift CV1