Full screen mode

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Full screen mode

Postby scottharmes6 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:14 am

Hi,

The first few times I tried Flyinside P3D it crashed but I eventually got past that. Then I had a few successful goes. Later, after I adjusted the resolution settings in Flyinside, the sim/Flyinside is no longer going to full screen. It takes up half of the screen with the other half being black. How can I get back to the full screen view?

Cheers,
scottharmes6

Re: Full screen mode

Postby Tony » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:21 am

Hi and a warm welcome to flyinside :) so we can help you , can you please post your system specs, fsx version and win version ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby scottharmes6 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Tony,

Here are my system specs:

Power Supply: - Hytec/Hipro Heavy Duty Low Noise 1650W

Motherboard: - ASRock(Asus) Z77 PERFORMANCE 4xDDR3 PCI-E3.0 SATA3 USB3.0 7.1CH GBLAN Quad CrossFireX/SLI

Processor (CPU): - Intel i7-2700K QUAD Core 8 Threads 3.5 GHz, OVERCLOCKED to 4.5Ghz

CPU Cooling: - Noctua/Thermaltake Dual Fan Low Noise CPU Fan & Heatsink

Graphics Card: - ATI HD 7970 3GB DDR5 2x DVI HDMI DP

DVD/CD Burner: - 1 x LG/SAMSUNG/LITEON DVD/CD Burner 24 Speed

Hard Disk Drive: - 1 Terrabyte Seagate/Samsung SATA 3 HDD

2nd Hard Drive: - 1 Terrabyte Seagate/Samsung SATA 3 HDD

3rd Hard Drive: - 2 Terrabyte Seagate/Samsung SATA 3 HDD

4th Hard Drive: - 4 Terrabyte Seagate/Samsung SATA 3 HDD

Memory: - 16.0 GB (2 x 8.0 GB) RAM (1333 - 1866? MHz DDR3 G.Skill/Elixr)
(I'm not 100% sure about the RAM I just know it's 16 GB)

I am using FSX: Steam Edition and Prepar3D V3.2.

I just installed Flyinside P3D and FSX today but have only started the P3D version so far.

The view seemed to automatically change from a windowed mode to taking up the full view when the flight loaded in P3D on the first few successful tries. Now it stays on the windowed mode and if I use Alt+Enter to try and change to full screen it just changes my Rift view to full screen but the P3D view is only on the left side. The rest of the view is black.

Cheers,

Scott
scottharmes6

Postby Tony » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:54 am

Just to make it clear ? Your do see inside your rift ok ? The windowed mode on your screen is how it should stay. That's how flyinside works. So you don't need to do anything with the windowed view on your pc screen. Try fsx and see how you go ? Also are you planning on upgrading to win 10 ? Others have reported a good improvement with p3d :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:57 am

Also I think you're saying x2 hd7970 ? If yes then flyinside doesn't support sli or crossfire modes as of yet.

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby scottharmes6 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Tony,

Yes I see everything fine in the Rift including all the menus for Flyinside, and I can see all of the selection screen for P3D. The problem is making the VC view of P3D dominate the view in the Rift once the flight starts. As I said it seemed to be automatically switching to the full screen view (in the Rift) but now it is not. The only things I changed were the screen resolutions in P3D and Flyinside, and this seems to have affected it adversely, so now the VC view is only appearing in the left half of the Rift.

I'm not sure about Windows 10. I am considering it, but I have heard of a lot of programs not working any more, so I am still undecided.

I only have one HD 7970.

Cheers,

Scott
scottharmes6

Postby scottharmes6 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:19 am

Arrived home from work tonight and I was going to try and reset the Flyinside P3D settings or reinstall to try and solve the issue I was having, but I couldn't find the reset to defaults option. I closed Flyinside and then restarted, chose my P3D flight options and started a flight. This time after a short delay when the flight loaded the view automatically switched to full screen again. So I guess the problem is fixed.

Now to find a way to read the text in the cockpit; but that's another issue ;)

Cheers,
scottharmes6

Postby scottharmes6 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 am

Hi,

I seem to be having issues with Flyinside P3D again. Half of the time I will go in to Oculus/3D mode and half the time I am stuck sitting looking at a 2D window on my desktop (in Rift). All the head movements and control inputs work in the simulator, just half the time it will not let me "in" the cockpit. I will attach my log file and error text files. Just tonight I had one successful attempt and two unsuccessful attempts. When it lets me "in" the cockpit I am not doing anything to my knowledge, I am just loading a flight and after a short wait I will be sitting in the 3D cockpit. As I say though this is happening less than 50% of the time.

I should note too that I am seeing the "Waiting for simulator" message in red that Jim has been mentioning.

Cheers,
Attachments
logs_SH_Flyinside.zip
(63.95 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
scottharmes6

Return to Oculus Rift CV1