Terrible FPS, Flickering

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Terrible FPS, Flickering

Postby tcarney » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:16 am

I'm seeing the same behavior as Mark (at least I assume this is what he's seeing). Similar situation - the latest P3D and video drivers, a more than capable PC, and Prepar3D runs very smoothly normally (full screen, 4k). While using FlyInside, the display on the monitor is quite smooth, just not in the headset.

One other thing worth noting is that I've used FlyInside with the DK2, and it ran fine. That was a previous install/version of P3D though, so maybe not a good data point.

Here's a video I took of what I'm seeing through the CV1: https://vimeo.com/172059519/807419206a
As you can see, extremely jittery while I'm moving my head. If I keep perfectly still, the shaking subsides.

I did have a few add-ons installed, but I've disabled everything.
tcarney

Postby tcarney » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Okay, got this figured out. The culprit was SLI. I'm running two 980ti cards that I usually always leave in SLI mode. When I disabled that, the flickering was gone.
tcarney

Postby Tony » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:59 am

Oops mate our bad , there are loads of posts about sli not being compatible with flyinside. I should of let you know , sorry ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby tcarney » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:33 am

No worries. My own fault for not digging through the forums a little more. I'm just glad it's working now, because it's pretty amazing.
tcarney

Previous

Return to Oculus Rift CV1