Stuttering

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Stuttering

Postby Grale » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:41 pm

I am using a clean install of P3D 3.3.3 with the CV1

I am getting over 100 fps displayed in sim and over 90 in the Flyinside menu.

Everything seems smooth but when i roll the aircraft left or right it stutters making me feel quite queasy!

Is there something i am missing setting wise?
Grale

Re: Stuttering

Postby admin » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Strange, unusual to have issues with FPS that high. It's possible that the high simulator frame-rate is introducing some variance though. Could you actually try turning up your settings to reduce it to 90 or below, and let me know if that makes a difference?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby whitav8 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:29 pm

@admin,
I brought the frametime variance up some weeks ago - have you made any progress on reducing it? I rarely fly P3D/FI because both War Thunder and DCS World (with the Pixel Density Override at 1.5) is very clear and smooth.
Dave
Intel 9700K@5.0Ghz (8 core) + Nvidia2070(436.15) + P3Dv4.4 + FSX + 0.6 FSS + WMR HP Reverb v2 + Win10 (build 1903) + CAP2 + FS2
whitav8

Postby Grale » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 pm

admin wrote:Strange, unusual to have issues with FPS that high. It's possible that the high simulator frame-rate is introducing some variance though. Could you actually try turning up your settings to reduce it to 90 or below, and let me know if that makes a difference?

I have tried locking the fps at 60. This makes no difference, in fact slightly worse stuttering / juddering.

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and reinsatlled Oculus and P3D 3.3.3 only. No Steam, no other programs or addons. P3D is vanilla with standard settings and no settings changed on Flyinside.

Having owned 2 Vives i did not have this problem, it was smooth as silk although no where as good looking as the Oculus version.

I'm at a loss, it's enough that it's unplayable in that it makes me dizzy. I will try and capture a video, but it is sooo hard on theses headsets.
Grale

Postby Grale » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:17 pm

OK, I've managed some rough footage. It's hard holding a phone camera, a headset and trying to roll the plane!

My phone seems to smooth out the juddering somewhat and it doesn't look as bad in the video. If you look at the horizon you can see it.

https://youtu.be/ywu0CBvxBcI
Grale

Postby Luftdruck » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:49 pm

Looks like your GPU can't catch up. Might be also the water. Try lowering the water settings or use a different location.
Luftdruck

Return to Oculus Rift CV1