Both "eyes" point to completely differently directions

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Both "eyes" point to completely differently directions

Postby mdolphin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:47 pm

I just installed the flyinside trial version and eagerly started my first flight. But whatever arircraft or airport I use, my two "eyes" in the rift are looking into completely different directions. It's like I'm completely squinting. Recentering the view doesn't help. I'm on P3D 3.2x with Oculus Rift CV1. Any idea on how to solve this?
Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core I7-4790 CPU, GeForce GTX 980 TI, 16 MB RAM, P3D 3.4, X-Plane 11 PB
mdolphin

Re: Both "eyes" point to completely differently directions

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:32 pm

:mrgreen: Hi mate and a warm welcome to flyinside :) another user is reporting this issue and Dan is looking into it. Please bear with him and he'll let you know asap.

PS can you please post your system specs and windows version please?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby mdolphin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Of course. It's ..

an Intel i7-4790 CPU @3.60 GHz,NVidia 980 GTX, 16 GB of RAM and I'm on Windows 10. As already said I'm using a brand new Oculus Rift CV1 with the latest Firmware. I haven't got the latest Prepar3D 3.3 Upddate, but the one before. I have no Problems in the FlyInside menu screen, only when I switch into the simulator.
Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core I7-4790 CPU, GeForce GTX 980 TI, 16 MB RAM, P3D 3.4, X-Plane 11 PB
mdolphin

Postby andreav » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:57 pm

I had the same issue and was driving me nuts.

May I ask you what is the plane that is loaded by p3d at start up on your system?

In my case it was an addon (a2a) and I solved the problem by resetting as default start up plane the one that comes with p3d.

The easiest thing would be to delete (or backup) your p3d configure file and let the program recreate the default.
andreav

Postby admin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 pm

mdolphin, before resetting everything could you backup your C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D folder?

If you clear that out it will probably fix the issue. If it does, please zip up your backup of the broken folder and send it to dan@flyinside-fsx.com

Let me know how it goes :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby mdolphin » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:12 am

Yep, that exactly was the point. My previous default flight started with the Aerosoft Twin Otter extended. Doesn't matter which plane I loaded afterwards, the sight from the cockpit was messed up. Now, with a new configuration and default flight everything looks good. I already purchased FlyInside. The feeling of flight is absolutely great with this tool and the Oculus.

The only problem, but that's not the fault of FlyInside, is that I like to train to "fly by the numbers" in P3D, and that's completely impossible because of the still poor display of the Oculus Rift CV1. I can't even read the speed or heading from a G1000 glass cockpit, not to mention to handle a G500 or even the radio settings in a cessna. But anyway: FlyInside is a great addition to P3D for HMD owners.
mdolphin

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:51 am

Hi mate I have binocular mode set up with a button press on my joystick. My displays compared to my old dk2 are crisp. Defo not sharp though lol. I think the future is bright when we get onto cv2 or even 3 and that goes for vive 2 or 3 also. Can't wait ;) but I find flyinside a godsend. I'll never go back to 2d flying ever again.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby andreav » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Glad it worked!
As for the resolution, I drive IFR a lot, so being able to read the panels is essential. As Tony, I mapped the binocular vision to a button on the joystick, and the zoom level to a slider in my x52 and it works perfectly. I can easily dothe most complicated instrumental approaches. And landing is so much easier and satisfying in VR...
andreav

Return to Oculus Rift CV1