Can't get it working at all.

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Can't get it working at all.

Postby Brix-JD » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:48 am

Hello Chaps, my first post here - I'm known as either JD_LincsUK or my virtual callsign, Brixmis. I'm an army veteran from the good old days of Support Helicopter Force, where we shared our extensive nous with the Crabs! :D

My website is here http://www.c9114110.myzen.co.uk/ hopefully, some of you will have visited it sometime over the last few years :) My YT channel sometimes has some sim related content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrd5DY ... eT34pwggTQ

Anyway, to the problem - I purchased FlyInside for FSX & P3D. I currently only have FSX-SE installed, though. FlyInside appeared to install OK - and when I click on the desktop icon, Steam and FSX start up no problem - but there seems to be no further interaction from FlyInside. I can operate FSX on my monitor, as normal, but it doesn't appear at all in my Rift unless I activate SteamVR mode - and then I get it in 'Theatre Mode' on a 2D flat screen. I'm running Win 7 SP1 and am well over the minimum Rift requirements. All other Rift content so far has played flawlessly.

What should I be seeing from FlyInside? Should there be a menu or sub-menu in-sim for config or preferences? (because I don't have one). Unfortunately, apart from the blindingly obvious things I can't find how to try and sort this.
i5 4690k Haswell at 4.3GHz : 16GB DDR3 @ 2133MHz : GTX 1060 6G : Asus Z97-P MoBo : SSDs : Rift CV1
Brix-JD

Re: Can't get it working at all.

Postby Bruce_C » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:58 am

Hi and welcome.

You should be seeing the fly inside menu in the rift.

Can I confirm a couple of things? First, you have 'Unknown Sources' enabled in the Oculus home app? (Settings, General) Also that you're starting FSX-SE with the FlyInside shortcut (not an FSX shortcut) ?

Otherwise try starting Steam first (but not FSX) and then launch FlyInside from it's short cut.

Cheers,

Bruce

P.S. Can you post your system specs and software/driver versions in your signature? Thanks!
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby admin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:05 pm

A couple of other things to check:

1. Run SteamVR before starting FlyInside.
2. Make sure you don't have any compatibility settings set on fsx.exe

Let us know how it turns out :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Brix-JD » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:04 am

Yes, done those, thanks, with no luck - but no matter, I'm uninstalling FSX and going to reinstall P3Dv3. Now that I have Air Hauler 2, there's actually no need for me keep using FSX at all (I got fed up of having to mess around to use the original Air Hauler with P3D as though on a network).

I'll give a shout if I hit problems, but with no Steam getting in the way, I anticipate fewer barriers to it working as intended.
i5 4690k Haswell at 4.3GHz : 16GB DDR3 @ 2133MHz : GTX 1060 6G : Asus Z97-P MoBo : SSDs : Rift CV1
Brix-JD

Postby Brix-JD » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:01 am

Working perfectly in P3Dv3 - well impressed! Thanx :D
Brix-JD

Return to Oculus Rift CV1