New Customer - Please help

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

New Customer - Please help

Postby maorgr » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:56 am

Hey guys,

Was wondering if there's a checklist I could follow to get the most of the application I had just bought.

I tried the PMDG 777 and although it looks AMAZING, seriously - I couldn't help of noticing a tad blurry and having some hard time reading the gauges fonts.
Also sometimes, when moving the mouse, there's a 'waiting for sim' message, what does it mean ?

And one other thing - sometimes the mouse cursor disappears.. how do I get it back ?
Could appreciate help.

Thanks in advance.
maorgr

Re: New Customer - Please help

Postby admin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:15 pm

I believe you also sent me these via e-mail. Posting my response here so that others can benefit :)

Sorry, no checklist at the moment. I'm writing a user manual but it isn't done yet.

As far as blurriness, I have a couple of suggestions. First off, try adjusting the position of the headset on your face. Correct positioning makes a huge difference! Secondly, try turning up the resolution under FlyInside Menu -> Settings (on the right-hand pane). Resolution increases clarity at the cost of performance, so if the performance impact is too big, you can instead decrease FOV from FlyInside settings.

If you find yourself bouncing to the 'waiting for sim' screen it could be a sign that your simulator is overloaded. Try turning down your settings a bit and see if it helps. Air and ground traffic especially can lead to this.

The mouse cursor always fades out after a few seconds if you don't move it. Wiggle the mouse to make it re-appear. If your mouse is leaving the simulator window and getting lost, you can bind a joystick button to recenter the mouse, under FlyInside Menu -> Bindings.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Oculus Rift CV1