CANNOT Host MP FSXSE with CV1

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

CANNOT Host MP FSXSE with CV1

Postby Markeebo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Hey all. Have a real issue with this and have wasted the better part of 3 evenings attemtping to sort it out.

Just as the title says, I CANNOT host an FSXSE session. This has never been a problem and I have hosted hundreds of times with no problems. Now, all of a sudden, when I try to host, I select the Fly Now button and and it loads right to the cockpit and freezes. The HDD starts churning like its doing a massive dump or some such and then gives the following error message:

Craziest part of this is that it only does this when the CV1 is running. Leave ORHome and FI turned off and all is well. No ports changed or firewall issues. Checked, Rechecked and double checked that. Quite frustrated right now and I am considering a full uninstall and reinstall of FSXSE(I really don't have time for that.)

I HAVE done a full uninstall and reinstall of FI already and this issue happens with all installed aircraft so its not just one particular bird.

My specifics:

i7-4770k - OC 4.8Ghz
16GB RAM
ASUS Maximus Hero III mobo
GTX 980ti - v368.39
W10 - 64
FI - 1.5102
FSXSE
OR RT 1.6

If I have missed anything, ask and I will add.

Markeebo
Markeebo

Re: CANNOT Host MP FSXSE with CV1

Postby Muso-Ka » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:05 am

Hi, I've experimented FlyInside, and drew attention to the fact that when the traffic (road, sea, air) enabled , FlyInside creates a lot of files in the system folder "TEMP." Total Volume of these files can be up to 1000MB. Because of this a very long time to load the flight and during the flight are trolling. If you turn off the traffic, the flight download occurs quickly. I moved the system folder "TEMP" on the RAMDISK, then the flight is loaded much faster and brakes in flight is also less. If you have an SSD, try to move to a temporary folder and see what happens.

Translated Google.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Postby Markeebo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Muso-Ka wrote:Hi, I've experimented FlyInside, and drew attention to the fact that when the traffic (road, sea, air) enabled , FlyInside creates a lot of files in the system folder "TEMP." Total Volume of these files can be up to 1000MB. Because of this a very long time to load the flight and during the flight are trolling. If you turn off the traffic, the flight download occurs quickly. I moved the system folder "TEMP" on the RAMDISK, then the flight is loaded much faster and brakes in flight is also less. If you have an SSD, try to move to a temporary folder and see what happens.

Translated Google.

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, I have all traffic off and only SSDs on my rig. Additionally, this only happens,when I'm running the CV1. If I turn it off and host, it's fast and I have no issues.

Thanks

Mark
Markeebo

Postby Bruce_C » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:07 am

I've not hosted MP for some time but have recently joined MP with Robert (vive) hosting. It's strange that it was working without FlyInside
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby Markeebo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:23 am

Bruce_C wrote:I've not hosted MP for some time but have recently joined MP with Robert (vive) hosting. It's strange that it was working without FlyInside

Perfectly. I was away for a while and when I came back, I updated to RT v1.6 and it fell apart. Crazy that I fa join as client with no issues.

Had a similar issue with P3D and Dan offered to hook up and help sort it out but I almost NEVER use P3D and all of my compadres use FSXSE so I passed.

I guess I COULD run it on the DMZ just to test. Just seems odd that I time out connecting to myself. HDD starts churning and 90 secs later(default fsx mp connect timeout). I'm asked if I want to continue SP or quit. I'd i say yes to SP, it instantly is working fine. If I say no, it drops me back to MP screen and anything I try after that will result in some some of error or asshattery.

Mark
Markeebo

Postby admin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:52 pm

I wasn't aware that FlyInside was generating gigabytes of temp files. Does it generate these in a single run-through with traffic enabled? I'll look into it, it may be connected with the networking issue.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Muso-Ka » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:52 pm

admin wrote:Does it generate these in a single run-through with traffic enabled?

I do not fly in the network.
Files are created in the folder "TEMP / flyinside". With the traffic disabled volume folder of about 25-50MB. I think it's set designs of aircraft installed. With the traffic enabled volume folders increases.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Postby Markeebo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:59 pm

admin wrote:I wasn't aware that FlyInside was generating gigabytes of temp files. Does it generate these in a single run-through with traffic enabled? I'll look into it, it may be connected with the networking issue.

Happy for any help guys. This one has had me stumped. My rig is new and I run a fairly lean setup to minimize conflict potential m

Mark
Markeebo

Postby Markeebo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:07 pm

A followup on this.....

After some tinkering, I decided to remove the fsx.cfg file and let FSX rebuild it to see if that helped. Last gasp before I trashed the whole install and reloaded. Once I was in there, I noticed that there were multiple types of .cfg files that showed up via FI installer. I'm sure I had read about that but it had slipped my feeble mind.

Rather than remove all, I simply removed the main FSX.cfg file and restarted FSXSE via the FI icon. WOrked with not problems. I can now host again and no crashes.

So, I guess the big question now is WHY IN THE H3LL would FSX not want to host with the main FSX.CFG present when it shouldnt reference it at all anyway?

I did a brief scan of the file and the only items that stood out were the items in the [Trusted] section. They have the same number of items.....Just different. I'll have to look further when I can gain some patience. Odd though that having it in there would cause it to time out like that.

Dan, If you want the respective .CFG files, I'll be happy to email them to you. So I guess what I will do is copy and rename my fI FSX.CFG file to FSX.cfg and see what happens after that.

Mark
Markeebo

Postby Sharkku » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Good to hear you got it running! It's always a relief when you find the solution to something like this! =)
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Next

Return to Oculus Rift CV1