Just bought Flyinside. Quick question.

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Just bought Flyinside. Quick question.

Postby Wrongway » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:46 pm

My faulty CV1 was finally replaced with a new one today. I have been eager to try it with FSX and this has been the first chance I have had. Totally gobsmacked. It's amazing. I learned to fly at Blackpool here in the UK in a Cherokee quite a few years ago. I tried an A2A Cherokee at Blackpool and it was exactly like I remember. I bought the full version within 10 mins of the 15 min trial.

The question is. There will be times I want to revert to standard FSX without the CV1. But when I start FSX it runs the Oculus. Is there a way to toggle between using standard FSX without Rift and back using the Rift when wanted. I haven't seen in mentioned in the manual.
Wrongway

Re: Just bought Flyinside. Quick question.

Postby Sharkku » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm

That sounds strange. FSX should start in old regular 2D mode if you run it from the normal link or steam. Only if you run FSX from the FlyInside icon should it start in VR mode. Are you saying it starts in VR mode when you run fsx.exe directly?

Also, please post your specs, and what versions of relevant software you are running. It might help us track down the issue faster.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby Wrongway » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:39 am

Thank's Sharkku, I hadn't realised you could start it on it's own like that. I assumed that FI had altered some ini or config files which would need reversing for standard 2D mode. Very impressed so far thanks.

Are there any recommendations for setting super sampling and resolutions for various setups. Can framerate still be displayed in the Oculus.
Wrongway

Postby aurel42 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:18 am

Wrongway wrote:Are there any recommendations for setting super sampling and resolutions for various setups.

Here's something to get you started: http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php ... erformance
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Return to Oculus Rift CV1