P3D V3.3 HDMI signal lost

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D V3.3 HDMI signal lost

Postby Asadik » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Hey all,

I find that when I do flights, while I'm at autopilot and cruising, i'll take off my CV1. When i take it off, obviously the CV1 will go to sleep. When I put it back on I often find that I lose HDMI signal. I get a windows notification and the signal will come back, but it will not show my cockpit anymore. I see FlyInside p3d preview still tracks the oculus, but I cannot see the flight. I did find an interesting workaround, when I cruise, I place the black screen cleaning cloth on the sensor so the headset doesn't go to sleep and this way I don't get the disconnect.

I was wondering if anyone knew why this happens and what the solutions maybe? I also noticed this has become more frequent with the 1.6 update.

This problem doesn't happen with any other oculus application, just P3D.

I also use the Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080 GPU so I'm quite positive I fit system requirements on it.

Thanks for advice/help :)
Asadik

Re: P3D V3.3 HDMI signal lost

Postby Muso-Ka » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi!
I got this message on my DK2 after connected Saitek panel. It's very strange, because the message was about the HDMI cable. I hooked DK2 via other USB ports and disabled energy savings on these ports, and it did the trick.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Return to Oculus Rift CV1