Aircraft model pop in distance?

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Aircraft model pop in distance?

Postby SageOT » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:38 am

[Edit:] Sorry admins for the attempt at a double post. Didn't see it had to be admin approved on my phone. :) Just cleaning it up now as I'm back on a PC.Also, buildings and scenery seem to be rendering in just fineello,

Hello,

Sorry if I could have found this in the search. I gave it a go but might not be using the right words.

I'm two days into the VRS SB and TP on FSXSE. Just came over from DCS. I'm a Rift user so I am also using FlyInside.

In DCS there is a model size enlargement option, ie making the sprites of distant planes several pixels larger to be easier to spot.

I noticed in FSX in the Rift that when I spawned in a tanker through TackPack I could see the floating label for it from 7-ish miles away, but only saw empty sky up until only a few hundred feet away and then the tanker model popped into existence.

Is anyone aware of any settings/cfg changes I can make to FSXSE/FlyInside/TacPack to maybe force an earlier render of other aircraft? Not seeing anything but a label until you're right on top of it is kind of a major issue. (also the only one I've found so far. I'm so fricking happy with all of these products)

I have an Nvidia 1080 and a decently beefy machine so I figure if there is something I can do I can go quite a ways before taking a frame rate hit.

I''m honestly not sure if this is a FlyInside, VRS, or FSX issue, but since it is view related I figured I'd try here.

Lastly- GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!! Best VR experience I've had since I bought the Rift.

Thanks much for your time,

Sage
Bullet 101
vVFA-2 Bounty Hunters
vvfa-2bountyhunters.com
Last edited by SageOT on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SageOT

Re: Aircraft model pop in distance?

Postby admin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:49 pm

Glad you're enjoying it :D I believe there is a "Detail Radius" setting which affects this. That said, someone else here may know in more detail
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby SageOT » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:20 pm

admin wrote:Glad you're enjoying it :D I believe there is a "Detail Radius" setting which affects this. That said, someone else here may know in more detail

Hey Dan,

Thanks. Detail radius? That would be in the FSX settings menu?

Jason
SageOT

Postby Sharkku » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:38 pm

I have the solution for this one.
In your fsx.cfg (or fsx_se.cfg) add this line:

SmallPartRejectRadius=0

to your [SCENERY] section. Problem solved! :)
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby SageOT » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Sweet. Thanks!
SageOT

Postby SageOT » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:21 am

So after you suggested this I Googled it and it seems to work for most. Unfortunately it's not working for me. Double checked numerous times that that line was added under the right spot. The below is where I put it, that's correct right?

PilotVoice=0
[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0
[SCENERY]
SmallPartRejectRadius=0
LENSFLARE=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3

Any other thoughts on this? It's basically a sim killer at this point. Can't even fly formation with each other.
SageOT

Postby SageOT » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 am

Ok, messing around more...

I noticed there is a flyinside_fsx.cfg and and fsx.cfg.... Do I need to add it to both? I'm assuming one cfg is for when I open regular FSX and the other is when I use the Flyinside shortcut...?

What role does resolution play in this? I have the one in flyinside set to the highest and the one if FSX at 1920x1080... Would turning down either help do you think?

Thanks.
SageOT

Postby SageOT » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:07 am

So I'm on a two-hour Drive. With nothing to do but think about this. I have FTX global and vectors Active Sky next some blue sky freeware scenery and a couple freeware airport add-ons. Anything in that list would maybe override me adding that line to the configuration file? I'm pretty positive it's not the stuff from vrs as on their forums people have posted that this fix works for them as well. Just trying to troubleshoot in my head. Apologize for typos voice to text. Thanks again for any help or thoughts you all might have on this.
SageOT

Postby Sharkku » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Aah, that's too bad it's not working for you! May be worth looking into Dans solution then?
Anyway, the fsx.cfg is used both with and without FlyInside running. The info in flyinside_fsx.cfg is just added when FlyInside is running. In other words, you shouldn't have to add it to both .cfg:s.
You could try experimenting with different values to SmallPartRejectRadius? Looks like you have it added in the right section anyway. Not sure if it would make any difference to put it first or last in the section, but mine is last I think.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby SageOT » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Fixed it Sharkku. Uninstalled and bought P3D. :) :) :)

Thanks for the help.

Jason
SageOT

Next

Return to Oculus Rift CV1