Flashing instruments and highlights

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flashing instruments and highlights

Postby surfzup101 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:02 am

My cockpit and most of my scenery look great, as always, but all of a sudden my instrument screens are flashing pixels and appear to be at very low resolution. I see a bit of this in highlights of my scenery, but that may have always been there.
Also get flashing to the point where it hard to read the FS menu where you choose your options and pick plane/location, etc.
Why the change? Solution?
I have a new rift, latest greatest computer, and an NVida 970.
Thx
surfzup101

Re: Flashing instruments and highlights

Postby keem85 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:43 am

Hi!

Bug With nVidia.. Downgrade Your driver.
MOBO: GA-Z87X-UD4H
Processor: i7 4770K @4.4
GFX: MSI 1080 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
Main sim: X-Plane 10

keem85

Postby aurel42 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:33 am

surfzup101 wrote:Also get flashing to the point where it hard to read the FS menu where you choose your options and pick plane/location, etc.

"flashing" as in flashes of static? Or flashing as in "the whole environment shifts around for a moment"? (It might be easier to identify what you're looking at if you open the "Mirror window" on the desktop, put the Rift away, and watch what the flashes look like in the Mirror window, because it has a lower refresh rate.)

I've seen the "shifting environment" problem a lot in the FlyInside menu, but not while I'm in the cockpit. I've seen it with 368.xx and 372.xx drivers.

I do have an issue with my sensor* (and I'm in contact with Oculus support about it), and my current working theory is that the sensor sometimes delivers erroneous data to FlyInside (which makes the menu environment jump around). The only explanation I have for not jumping around in the cockpit as well would be if FlyInside "smoothed out" sensor data while in the cockpit for some reason, thus ignoring the erroneous data.

Or it might be a genuine FlyInside bug that only happens in certain situations or setups. I wasn't able yet to figure out why it sometimes happens and sometimes it doesn't.

* The symptom of my sensor issue is that Oculus Home will sometimes notify me that my sensor couldn't be found, but the notification will expire immediately (as if the sensor was disconnected for a split-second).

Any of this sound familiar to you?
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Postby surfzup101 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:53 am

Thx for the input.Not sure how to get old drivers, but I'll look.
I don't think the sensor is the problem. As I said the cockpit looks great, just the instrument screens flashing, on top of the flight sim startup menu (where I pick airport, aircraft, etc.).
surfzup101

Postby surfzup101 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:57 pm

I have concluded that flyinside has an overall resolution problem. The instruments and menu are fine when I lean into them for a closeup view.
How do I get back my old good-resolution? I adjusted display setting to high, but to no avail.
S
surfzup101

Return to Oculus Rift CV1