Day one problems?

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Day one problems?

Postby minimi66 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:26 am

Hi,

Just bought FI for FSX and i'm having real problems getting into an actual flight?

The setup went fine other than warning me about VRS Tac Pack and ACM which it advised not to use or enable. I wasn't actually using it at the time.

The interface loads and works great in terms of the virtual desktop and app menus etc. The problem comes when i try to load a flight, any flight (i've tried several aircraft and locations etc.)

Basically it loads the flight and generates the scenery etc. but then when i should be sat there in the virtual cockpit the view is flashing all over the place and is extremely zoomed in. I can make out bits of scenery from the airfield, sky and occasionally part of the aircraft but it just flashes all over the place and the only option available is to exit the flight. Then when i try to exit FSX it won't shut it down properly and i have to restart my pc in order to run other apps or restart FSX?

I am starting FSX from the FI shortcut and not the standard FSX one in my Start Menu.

My specs:

Asus ROG G20AJ Gaming PC
Intel i7 4970 @ 3.6-4.0 GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB VRAM
8 GB RAM
Occulus Rift CV1
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS
Saitek Rudder Pedals

Done numerous restarts, re-started occulus software. I have vorpx installed but not running during FI/FSX sessions. All other sims i have are running fine, DCS World etc.

I did have EZCA installed but i uninstalled it upon reading that it isn't currently supported with FI. Tried again after uninstall but still the same flashing around/zoomed in issue?

Any ideas folks?

Many thanks.
minimi66

Re: Day one problems?

Postby Tony » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 am

Hi mate and welcome to Flyinside :) What driver for your GPU are you using ? If the latest can you roll back to the 368 drivers as these are stable. Triple check that Ezdok and all its bits and bobs are uninstalled then save your fsx.cfg or rename it then let fsx rebuild everything. Also just to make sure that these are not causing the issue, take out the saitek pedals as some times these can cause problems until you get stable Flyinside.

Let us know how you get on :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby minimi66 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:24 am

Afraid i can't roll back to 368 as occulus software will not work without the latest drivers? Or so its telling me, can't start any occulus apps currently until i re-install latest drivers. So doing that now.

Have checked for all parts of EZDock and they are gone and have renamed fsx.cfg etc. Will try and run FI after getting drivers back and see what happens?

Thanks for the advice so far mate.
minimi66

Postby minimi66 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 am

Hi,

Did all the above but had to re-install latest nvidia drivers as rolling back stopped occulus software from running so no VR at all!!

Unfortunately i still have same problems? All over the place!

Noticed that i have FSUIPC installed as well? Don't know that's an issue?

Thanks for your advice so far mate.

Stu
minimi66

Postby Tony » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi stu, I think you have something else going on here ? I'm on 368 as is loads of forum members on the Oculus forum. Do you get an error log in the FlyInside folder ? If yes then post it here. Might be time to email Dan so he can take a look. You may have found a bug.

Edit* hang on, what version of FSX? Is it se or boxed?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby minimi66 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:52 am

Hi Tony,

FSX version is not boxed and is fully patched with Acceleration Pack etc. Not Steam version or SE either.

See attached image for full version details.

No idea why occulus software wouldn't let me roll back the drivers but it picked it up straight away and warned me that Rift wouldn't run with anything but the latest drivers?

Need to find a solution as this is payware not freeware where i wouldn't be as bothered. Can't find any FlyInside folders anywhere on my system? Only the .exe file in root FSX folder and a few others. No error logs picked up in file searches either?

Thanks for continued assistance.

Stu
Attachments
fsx version.jpg
fsx version.jpg (60.47 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
minimi66

Postby slipstream » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:02 am

I very strongly suggest that you upgrade to FSX SE. I had same issues until I upgraded. SE is much more stable, no issues since.
slipstream

Postby minimi66 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:14 am

Hey Slip,

You know what i think i am going to do just that?

Will install, add FlyInside and see how things go from there?

cheers.

Stu
minimi66

Postby Tony » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:33 am

Hi Stu, whilst flyinside works with the acceleration version it can be finicky as you seem to have found out. Se and steam version is the same thing. SE = Steam Edition. These are on sale quite often for 5 pounds and still gets the occasional update from dovetail. As for the Flyinside folder, it's in the same subject folder as your fsx.cfg under the user/appdata/ roaming tree. FSX-SE is the way to go :) let us know how you get on mate.

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby minimi66 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:33 am

Hi guys,

Ok, finally got FI working in FSX:SE this morning! Had quite a few problems yesterday with first few attempts. Had to re-install FSX:SE twice along with FI as well. But its working great today and just done a couple of flights in the FSX Hornet with default Free Flight set up (Friday Harbour etc.) and was getting 70 FPS plus with most graphics settings near to maxed out including FXSA and 8x MSAA!!! So i'm VERY happy with that!!

I am getting a bunch of scenery related error prompts on starting FSX:SE which appear to be throwbacks to my previous install of FSX?? There's about a dozen or so and i can click them away and the sim starts ok then. Funny really because i thought i had been through all the old FSX-related system folders and deleted everything there? Anyway, i realise this is almost certainly nothing to do with FI but i've attached an image of one such error so maybe someone here can suggest a way to get rid of them? They are all related to scenery files, mostly ORBX?

Also, how do i stop the head tracking cursor in cockpit from making the tool tips appear for all switches, controls and HUD etc? It's very distracting!

Finally, i am about to install VRS Tac Pack and Superbug so hopefully that will all go well as that is the main aircraft i fly with FSX. Please send any tips or recommendations if there are any related to these addons?

Many thanks for all the advice and help, it was definitely worth the proce for FI and also for the upgrade to FSX:SE!!

Cheers.

Stu
Attachments
scenery error.jpg
scenery error.jpg (22.61 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
minimi66

Next

Return to Oculus Rift CV1