FlyInside many issues

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FlyInside many issues

Postby Fruel2016 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:07 pm

My system - i7 7800, GTX 1080, OculusRift CV1 - P3D 3.4

- I have a hard time getting more than 30/90 fsp. My frame are locked at 55fps but never reach that. Yes I have high settings in P3D but nothing crazy. And nothing that my system cannot handle easily.

- I experience a lot of half second pauses, especially when I move my head inside the cockpit. It's extremely annoying, to say the least and ruins some of the VR experience.

- I'm using Pilot2ATC. Really like this software. However, when brought inside the cockpit as a virtual window, it either crashes FlyInside or, for example, when a controler give me an instruction, too often FlyInside will kick me out into it's main menu and put me back in the cockpit. This is extremely frustrating. It interrupts the flow and, imo that's totally unacceptable for a $45 software.

Is there anyone out there experiencing similar problems? And I'm no talking about the judder and flashes in my right eyes. Please don't tell me to lower my graphic settings, I already done that to it's limit and I refuse to downgrade my system settings for problems that are not related to my machine.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas? I have the 368.81 Nvidia driver installed. I tried everything else above and they are garbage. I tried the most recent one last night and I experienced application crashes. 368.81 seems the most stable so far.

None of the post on this forum gave me a fix, explanation or help so far. I'm not a technical/computer guy, just a flight simmer who wants to enjoy his hobby without stressing about fps, unexplained crashes and constant interruptions.
Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
Rift CV1
6700K intel cpu - GTX 1080 on 368.81 driver - 32gb RAM - Win 10 x64
P3D ver 3.4 and X-plane 10.50
Fruel2016

Re: FlyInside many issues

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:43 pm

To understand better, do these pauses/crashes really only occur in combination with Pilot2ATC? Do they still occur when you have no virtual windows opened?

More information will help me look into this. While I can't promise compatibility with every add-on program, I'm hoping this is something we can fix :)

P.S. Just saw your e-mail, will get back to you!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: FlyInside many issues

Postby Fruel2016 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:28 pm

They only happen when I interact with Pilot2ATC in a virtual window mode. I don't get that problem with other apps so far.
Rift CV1
6700K intel cpu - GTX 1080 on 368.81 driver - 32gb RAM - Win 10 x64
P3D ver 3.4 and X-plane 10.50
Fruel2016

Return to Oculus Rift CV1