Can't enter VR mode - FSX:SE - "waiting for sim"

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Can't enter VR mode - FSX:SE - "waiting for sim"

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:31 pm

That may be the problem neu? Flyinside needs 90 on the asynchronous time warp to work. Slow just won't work because the Flyinside magic wouldn't be able to get started to display correctly in the cv1 ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby neu » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Ok, that might make sense now, but sitll unsure. I loaded up a scenario with low settings which makes over 100 fps in normal screen mode (sometimes even reaching 200).
According this doc: http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php ... mewarp_FPS
It should run, even if it's very slow - and I also think that should be the case.

I'm running out of ideas on what else to try. I'd say the issue is that (I guess) FI should generate a HMD specific view / display, but it's not happening.
neu

Postby neu » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Meanwhile I tried DCS World and it works perfectly, it even has reasonable FPS. So I'm quite sure it's an FSX / FI issue, I just can't figure out what is it.
neu

Postby MarkJHarris » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 pm

I would think it is most definitely a n FSX/FI issue. Flyinside is generating three views two at 90FPS and the other at the speed that's left in the GPU. It uses the GPU to do the work so a weak card will show this up. The other games are 64bit and far more efficient than FSX.

I would have suggested DCS but you already have had a go. This really brings out what VR is about. For Flight Sims, it's the light feel and quality that makes the CV1 a winner for me. the Vive is too bulky and you pay for the extra kit I will never need. My Warthog is my connection.

It is a big spend, and all I can say is you do have to plan the best GPU you can afford to go with it. I'm smarting from he cost of the GTX1080 I just upgraded to, but I run lots of add-ons and high settings and all is good in my world.
Mark
i7-5930K CPU @4.70mhz 32GB DDR4 RAM ASUS X99,GeForce GTX1080, SSDx5
Win10 1670 build, 353,30 Driver FTX Global, ASN, REX Soft Clouds. Aerosoft and PDMG.
Saitek Combat pedals, HOTAS Warthog stick and throttles. CV1 Oculus and crappy little TV.
MarkJHarris

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Neu, if you're still here: your intuition is correct, the 780 should still work fine, there must be another bug in action. Could you check whether your FSX_FlyInside.cfg contains a line like "HideInfoText = 1" and remove it?

If that isn't the issue, please shoot me an e-mail, dan@flyinside-fsx.com, and I'll take a look.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Oculus Rift CV1