a2a walk around issues..

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

a2a walk around issues..

Postby reflic » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:28 am

i'm trying to do the walk around with shift+8, and the view just gets screwed up..like it goes into half the screen is zoomed and taken out of the virtual cockpit cam, which i figure is the issue because if i right click then go to the virtual cockpit everything goes back to normal. i'm guessing this just wont work? also noticed that if you try to do any external views its not really nice either. is there a fix for this??

disclaimer: the A2A walk around works fine in non-vr scenario.
reflic

Re: a2a walk around issues..

Postby Tony » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Think that's a problem with the camera view that A2A uses. Have you asked them on their forums mate ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby aurel42 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:01 pm

My experience with the preflight walk around in FlyInside has been such that I now start flat P3D, do the walk around, rely on Accu-sim saving the state, quit flat P3D and start FI. When I'm feeling lucky, I do the walk around with FlyInside started, but on the desktop, before I put on the Rift (only thing to pay attention to here is that you make sure to unpause the sim if it's paused, or the Shift-8 window will behave weird in one way or another).

When I actually tried to do the walk around in VR, I had a host of issues, from small stuff like having to turn around because I'm looking in the wrong direction (the aircraft is behind me in a few of the views), or my position constantly shifting from where it's supposed to be (including me sinking into the ground), render errors (like a light blue plane being rendered over the ground), and the floating windows being misplaced or hidden behind invisible walls, up to outright P3D crashes.

Let me know if you find a better way.
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Postby reflic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:52 am

thanks aurel, yeah that's what ill have to do then. tony this happens only with flyinside.
reflic

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:20 am

That's what I meant mate, a flyinside and A2A conflict somewhere ? Not too sure though?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Oculus Rift CV1