Anyone using Occulus Rift and TM Warthog with Superbug?

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Anyone using Occulus Rift and TM Warthog with Superbug?

Postby minimi66 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:55 am

Hi,

PLEASE EXCUSE AND IGNORE THE OVERLY EXPLANATORY NATURE OF THIS POST - IT IS A COPY OF A POST I PUT UP ON THE VRS SIMULATIONS FORUM!! SORRY!!

Is anyone using the Occulus Rift VR headset (using the FSX FlyInside VR app) and the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAs system with the VRS F/A-18E Superbug in FSX: SE?

I'm putting together a T.A.R.G.E.T. profile for the F-18E and have had some success but some niggling problems too. The new 2016 version of T.A.R.G.E.T. (v3) is much better than the old one and now includes a much easier way to also map DX Input buttons and other non-standard keys and axes to the TM controllers.

The main problem i'm having, is finding a way to have both the mouse cursor and the Occulus "interact" cursor available and usable at all times when in the cockpit?

I currently have the VR "interact" (which enables you to look at a button or switch etc and then press a buttton on your HOTAS to work that switch) mapped to the throttle "SC" button in T.A.R.G.E.T. This is the tiny button on the cursor control on the throttle, its Throttle DX button 1 in the Windows Joystick Control Panel. I'm now using my trackball for the mouse in cockpit as i tried mapping it to the same cursor as the SC button and using the SC button as left mouse click but the mouse cursor behaviour in VR cockpit was all over the place and un-usable in my view.

The problem is that after a few clicks on switches with the mouse/trackball (needed to interact with the UFC, as the VR intract button will not work with this system...yet? DX9 etc etc.) the mouse cursor disappears and won't come back? Only the VR Headset interact button is available. I think whats happening is the mouse cursor is leaving the FSX window and thus "losing focus" with it? Thus when i click it, it could be doing something on my Desktop etc? This appears to be the case as upon removing the headset there were a couple of random windows (Notepad etc.) open that i hadn't intended to open.

Other than this mouse cursor/interact button conflict issue, every other button on my HOTAS works as intended in FlyInside with the Superbug. It's essential however at the moment to have the use of both until we are able to use the interact VR button with the UFCD. There are just too many essential flight/combat tasks in cockpit that require it, so it's a bit of a show stopper if you can't access/use the mouse/trackball reliably?

Any thoughts/idea's would be most welcome and appreciated?

Thanks.

Stu in Cyprus!!
minimi66

Re: Anyone using Occulus Rift and TM Warthog with Superbug?

Postby minimi66 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 am

No then?

:roll:
minimi66

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi Stu,

Not flying that specific combo so I can't offer a ton of help. That said, a couple of suggestions.

1. The mouse cursor fades out when not moved for a bit. Wiggling it should bring it back.
2. If you lose your mouse cursor off the side of the window, it can be tricky to find again. You can bind a joystick button under "FlyInside Bindings -> UI -> Recenter Mouse Position" to help bring it back incase you lose it.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby minimi66 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:21 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks, that fixed it, all good now!

Stu
minimi66

Return to Oculus Rift CV1